Gloss differential, bronzing eliminator gap strips

Hi. We are having some issue with the gloss optimizer/Epson 9890 (we set it replacing the flush position).

When we print the gloss layer, it begins as it should and works for about 10"; then it stops as the job was completed.
After 3, 4 minutes, the printer starts again leaving a gap (strip) of about 2cm (less than 1") thick.
The printer goes on for about mor 10" and than it stops again leaving another strip. Then it begins layering again until the end of the picture and something more as it should.

We tried it for a few prints and then we decided to give up and ask for info before throwing more paper in the basket.

Have you got any idea about this situation? What setting do we miss or do we have to change?
Thanks so much in advance.

I have never heard of the GO starting, stopping, and starting again- this is very strange!
Did you try a few prints of different images, or all the same image?
What is the image size and paper size you’re printing on?
Are you printing from a Mac or PC?
What operating system?
What version QuadTone RIP are you using?
How is your printer connected to your computer?

Please let me know so I can try to help you resolve this unusual problem.
Thanks~ Dana

Did you try a few prints of different images, or all the same image? SAME IMAGE
What is the image size and paper size you’re printing on? cm100x100
Are you printing from a Mac or PC? QTR PC
What operating system? WindowsXP
What version QuadTone RIP are you using? 2.7.2
How is your printer connected to your computer? Ethernet

Thanks for the additional information.

Is 100cmx100cm the image or paper size? What white paper margins are around the image area?
I recommend trying USB connection and updating QTR to the latest version (2.7.5 as per the QTR website).

Please let me know your results, if you have questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana