Glazing for piezography prints

Hi, this may seem an odd question, but I have been wondering what would be the best type of glazing for a piezography print.

As i understand it K7 carbon ink on the right paper has one of the longest fade resistant qualities, so with this in mind i was thinking that it may be possible to just use an ultra clear glass with no UV protection?

Another possibility is one with reduced UV protection, or should i use a full museum quality glass?

How do other inks such as special edition compare to K7 Carbon for fade resistant qualities?

thanks

I think people are getting confused about this. ALL Piezography inks have incredible longevity, though Carbon is the best since it’s pure carbon, all the other Piezography ink tones will still outlive any of us and them some. Certainly, we believe in using the best materials and methods for both storing and displaying artwork, though UV protection and museum quality glass isn’t necessary with Piezography prints, it is better than regular glass.

Consider where and how long your prints will be displayed: bright window light, or dim room light, displayed temporarily for an exhibition, then on a wall if someone buys it, or stored away if it’s not bought. How many years do people display the same artwork, or do decorations such as art get moved or replaced every few years? Obviously every piece of art gets a different life after leaving it’s creator, but you can rest assured that prints made with any Piezography ink tone will last a VERY VERY long time.

I hope this helps.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

This is an interesting article on framing glass, has references to how the blacks and grey tones look behind the glass.

Yeah. I always tell people to print matte and look at it under glass in a gallery light situation.

Often with good black (UltraHD-MK) you can get a perceptually darker black tone from a matte print than a gloss print!

-Walker