For MacOS 64-bit QTR and Piezography

With the looming advent of MacOS Catalina and its (apparent) complete shutdown of 32-bit binaries, what are my options for upgrading this code?

It does not appear that either 2.0.4 or 3.0.1 are compiled for 64-bit, or if so they don’t say that.

Not sure how you are reaching that conclusion, but if you go to the software part of your system profiler you can see what is 64-bit and what isn’t. About This Mac > System Report > Software > Applications - rightmost column is 64-bit.

Other than the QTR-CurveView app, all of QTR and Piezography are 64-bit.

Keith

ColorPort is 32 only but i1profiler will work perfectly in its place for those who do upgrade.

If you have an old Spectro like a dtp70 this version of macos will not be compatible but that is it. i1pro v1 and 2 etc will still be.

Walker

When I print something after reboot, I get a “this needs to be updated” message, exactly the one that shows up about 32-bit, although I’m not entirely sure that it says “32-bit”.

Print-Tool is also 64-bit so that shouldn’t be a problem either. Maybe post your exact printing workflow with a screenshot of the error message.

And as Walker pointed out, ColorPort won’t be supported (ever), and neither will the latest version of SpyderPrint (5.0.2) that works with my SpyderPrint3 spectro.

Keith