FLUSH image is using all inks even in calibration mode HELP!

Print this image at about 8x10 dimension on letter paper at 720dpi in high speed (bidirectional) mode with QuadtoneRIP in calibration mode. It should give you about 8 pages before completely black (full) MK is printing.

best,
Walker

QTR-K-flush.tif.zip (6.7 KB)

i am trying to flush out my matte black on an epson r3000 after having run a cleaner thru using the syringe and hose to clear a clog. Of course, the print is very light since there is still cleaner and I don’t want to waste my other 7 inks doing multiple cleaning. I downloaded QTR and printed in calibration mode several of the black matte flush images. They only print in 1.5x2" squares instead of a sheet, but that’s good since it’s not using only black ink. All the squares are beautifully black and all my colors keep going down and down and down while my matte black nozzle check is still watery with cleaner. AUGHGHG, please tell me how to get an accurate BLACK only image that will not use the other inks while flushing the line.

curious… that image is purple… i’m flushing matte black. is the color I see on the flush image not necessarily the color I’m flushing?

FYI for other users… The forum does not seem to say this anywhere, but the flush imge do NOT match the color you are flushing and that is evidently ok. the downloaded flush image zip file include a matte black image, but it actually uses all the colors. If you are flushing black, use the one called QTR-K which looks BLUE when you open the image, but it is actually printing the gray flushing liquid that is in my cartridge so I know its the right cartridge.

This is not clear anywhere on the site as its very confusing to open an image thinking you are flushing black and the image is blue.

The Flush page has the instructions where it says to put the program into calibration mode. Maybe we need to be more explicit in describing that the color of the flush images is special and not the color of the actual ink your will be flushing out of the printer . . . .

best,
Walker

I’ll just make a video.

-W

We have discussed this here before, but it’s buried and I agree that it’s one of those things that could be better explained on the “how to flush individual channels” help page. See: