Flush fluid by mistake into my Epson R2880 printer

In error I did not move the print head when I flushed the print head with PiezoFlush to where the print head moves back and forth. I had left the print head in the position where one changes cartridges. Now even though the cartridges are full of ink all of the empty signal lights are on and I am no longer able to print. What do I do to correct this? Or, am I out of luck?

Did you get a lot of excess liquid in the print head while cleaning? Did you clean with the printer on or off?
I see you bought a chip resetter for your R2880 refill carts- have you tried manually resetting all the chips?

Please let me know so I can try to help you thru this.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Dana, thanks for your reply. I did get a lot of excess cleaning liquid through the print head/cart carrier when I was attempting to clean a blockage. I had unplugged the printer but forgot to move the cart carrier to the left above paper towel to absorb the excess liquid. Flooded area below the cart carrier in its normal replace cart position on right. Have manually reset chips, but light above carrier remains on, and on monitor each cart shown as full but with an “X” next to it showing not recognized. I believe I flooded area below carrier. I have ordered a waste ink kit in hope that using it I can somehow I can drain the fluid. Or, do I just wait till liquid evaporates and area dries out. Thanks again, Dana. PS I should learn to follow instructions better.

Thanks for the additional information. Since you flooded the area below the cartridge change area, I suspect you got some electrical components wet, and that’s causing the flashing light error you’re getting. To try fixing your printer, you will likely need to remove the print head to dry the electrical cables/connections, as well as below the capping station area- though time MAY dry out the lower area (?)
Sometimes hard learning lessons are the most solid- taking time and carefully following instructions help avoid problems.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thanks Dana. Yes, I was wrong not to follow instructions by reading them again. I just forgot how essential it was to move the box that holds the carts to the left and to put it over the paper towel. I would like to follow your present instructions about removing the print head as well as below the capping station area. Where can I get an instruction manual to do that? The manual I got with my R2880 printer does not cover that. Thanks again, Dana. Best, Bill

You should be able to find instructions for disconnecting the print head and other parts to check/dry in the repair manual, which you can get from 2manuals.com, here: http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_39&products_id=1420

All the best~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi, Dana-- Thanks for sending me information about how to order the service manual. I have done so and will now have to study it and follow its directions for disconnecting the print head and other parts to check/dry the flooded area. Many, many thanks, Bill

You are very welcome Bill- I hope it works out! :slight_smile:

Dana, Thanks for your help but I was not able to solve the problem. To print Xmas cards I have bought a reconditioned Epson Artisan 1430 printer and put in Cone Color inks. Now I have be struggling with setting for the printer in both Photoshop CS4 and in Qimage Ultimate but have not yet got good prints. Does InkJetMall have recommended settings? Again thanks for your help. Best, willstoc

Hi willstoc~

I’m sorry to hear you weren’t able to revive your R2880, and are now struggling to get good prints from your new 1430.
What paper(s) are you printing on? Are you printing from Mac or Windows? What operating system version?

Please let me know, thanks- Dana :slight_smile:

Thanks, Dana, for your swift reply. Over the weekend I solved the problem with my new Epson 1430 loaded with Cone color pro ink. I successfully loaded your profile for cone color inks on Epson 1430 for Ultra Premium Presentation Matt, the setting to be used for Red River Polar Matte paper. All is fine now. Thanks, Bill I did see I had to uncheck Black Point Compensation everywhere and used perceptual setting.

Excellent, thanks for the update.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: