Faint banding caused by minor blockage

It would be easy to write a long post in response. I’ll try to keep it short. The wet capping station is not a good sign in my view - something is clearly not right. Given which half of the capping station is on, and that it’s black, either the LK or LLK channel is leaking / draining. I’ve certainly had the experience that a leak at one end of the printer also shows up at the other end - it seems that it runs along the edge of the print head to the other end. When you first encounter this it’s confusing.

The problem with a wet capping station like that is that it often causes one or more cartridges to drain. My understanding is that there’s supposed to be a small gap between the top of the capping station and the bottom of the print head. What seals the print head and keeps it moist is the rubber seal around the edge of the capping station. A wet capping station where the liquid touches the bottom of the print head can capillary the ink out from the cart(s) and drain them and / or spread problems to other channels. A dirty capping station that touches the print head also causes a range of problems.

Why is it draining? Let’s hope it’s not the print head. In my experience, it’s either a faulty cart, incorrect filling refilling technique, or a printer that needs the full cleaning routine. I’ve re-read the thread but don’t recall reading whether you’ve done a full clean or how old your carts are. Given how much grief this is causing, you, I’d be at least inclined to try a new cart in the suspect position, or better still a complete new set. When filling, follow the instructions carefully, especially the parts about waiting at various stages to let the ink settle and any trapped air rise. I’d also do the full clean. Even if you’ve done one recently, that wet capping station is likely to mean that another one is needed, esp under the print head. If none of this solves your problem, then you start to worry about the age and condition of the printer.

Hi Brian, what do you mean by ‘full clean’? Does that mean cleaning wiper blade/capping station/nozzles as outlined in the small printer maintenance video or is there more to it than that?

I have cleaned the wiper blade tonight.

The carts were bought March of this year.

When I removed the carts last night and allowed them to sit over a cup as they would while installed in the printer they showed no obvious signs of leaking.

I have put aside carts that were leaking before and these all contained piezoflush rather than ink.

Is it correct to think that the Piezoflush channels should remain at a near constant level considering they are not being used apart from the odd nozzle clean?

My five ink positions are now printing ok after using a syringe of Piezoflush to unblock the yellow channel

[QUOTE=Jarvman;10063]Hi Brian, what do you mean by ‘full clean’? Does that mean cleaning wiper blade/capping station/nozzles as outlined in the small printer maintenance video?

That’s it.

[QUOTE=Jarvman;10063]
Is it correct to think that the Piezoflush channels should remain at a near constant level considering they are not being used apart from the odd nozzle clean?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but even so, I think you’ll find that they go down a little faster than you’d expect. There are three things that are certain in life - death, taxes, and inkjet ink wastage.