Espon Stylus Pro 7880 air pressurising pump.

My printer is working OK but the air pressurising pump runs nearly all the time with only brief pauses ( a few seconds). It also continues to run for about 20+ seconds after the printing is complete.

This has only recently started after an ink cartridge completely ran out of ink (full cartridge now in place and operating).

Any ideas on what is causing this and a resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Neil

This could be air leakage at the point where the cartridge connects to the ink lines. If the cart is not sitting 100% correct in the ink bay, then the air pressure in the system will leaking/dropping and the pump will run constantly to keep the system pressure up. Try removing and refitting all the carts, making sure they are as snug as possible, see if that helps

Thanks for info. I managed to isolate the fault to the right hand side of the ink banks by placing a clamp on each of the air lines in turn to see what effect it had on the pump. I then took the ink cartridges apart and gently pressurise each one in turn in a bowl of water. I found one had a leak in the plastic membrane. I resealed with some silicone and its vastly improved. As you say, I think there is also some slight leakage around the seals which isn’t helping either.

1 Like