Epson's new printers

Hi.

Does anybody know if any of the current Epson printers can be fully used with Piezography inks (both matte and gloss)?

If not, where do we go when a new printer is called for?

Older refurbished models only seem to be available in the USA.

Anybody have any ideas?

Regards

Jon stated in his recent newsletter that IJM expects to be able to support the P600 shortly (possibly before year-end). The P800 and larger printers are proving more difficult to solve and may not be ready until after 2016 (if ever).
The other supported printers can be found on the IJM site under “shop by printer”
Good luck,
John

Hi John.

Thanks for the response. In the A2 and larger series of printers currently offered by Epson, none of them, as far as I can determine, are able to support both matte and glossy Piezography printing. Most of the IJM supported printers are no longer available to purchase new. This, from my point of view, is worrying as Epson seem determined in their attempts to render their printers out of reach of any third party consumables.

Regards

Michael

Michael,
Agreed! Epson USA currently has some refurbished 3880 printers listed. It may be worth your while to have someone purchase it here and ship it to you. Or perhaps your local dealer can import one. I guess power may become an issue…
In the meantime we have to hold our breath and wait… It wouldn’t surprise me if some of the world’s best hackers are working on breaking the code to these chips. If for nothing more than the challenge. Something tells me if they can hack their way into our financial institutions… Epson’s chips don’t stand a chance :cool:

[QUOTE=jgbowen;9781Something tells me if they can hack their way into our financial institutions… Epson’s chips don’t stand a chance :cool:[/QUOTE]

There’s less money in hacking chips.

But if they are into Piezography…