Epson R3000 Not Recognizing New Cone Cartridge

I just received 2 new Cone refillable cartridges today. However, upon filling the Light Magenta and inserting it into the printer, I got the dreaded error message: “Printer does not recognize the following cartridges:”

On the printer screen, there was an ‘X’ through not only the Light Magenta, but the Yellow and Light Cyan, as well (those second two are both Epson factory carts). So, I put the old Epson Light Magenta back in, and all carts were again recognized (though the old Epson LM still showed empty). However, when I put the Cone LM back in, I again got the error message, with those same 3 carts X-ed out.

From what I have read on this forum, the problem is likely a dead battery, in the Cone LM cart. The cart though, is brand new—just out of the box. The date on the box is “February 2014”, a full year ago.

Hi anachronon~

I’m sorry to hear two of your new refillable carts aren’t being recognized by your printer. Based on your description, I suspect old/dead batteries, and will send you new batteries right away.
Battery replacement instructions can be found here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/wordpress/product-use/r3000-cartridge-batteries/

Please let me know how everything goes with replacing batteries, if you have questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thanks Dana. I will post the results, once I change the batteries.

Dustin

Well, I changed the battery, and that solved the problem. Surprising that a dead batter in one cart, could caused the printer not to recognize other carts.

Any way to mark this as “Solved”?

Dustin

Excellent, glad to hear the new battery solved your problem. Yes, one dead chip battery can cause issues with other position carts.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: