Epson R2400 options

<I thought that this might be better placed in the Piezography sub-forum, but I don’t appear to be allowed to post in there.>

I have an Epson R2400 which still works perfectly. I also just purchased an inexpensive 7800, which I have managed to get unclogged and up and running. My intention was to convert the 7800 to Piezography Pro V2. However, after all of the cleaning and flushing that the 7800 required, I have decided that I might like to try it out on my R2400 first.

Looking at your database, it appears that only K7 and P2 are available for the R2400. The main reason I wanted to try the Pro edition was for the on-the-go application of Gloss Overprint and, of course, the toning. I realize that it was probably not economically feasible to produce curves for an old machine like the R2400, but is there any way that I could make it work with the Pro V2 inkset? I guess I’m asking if another, supported printer would have compatible curves available, and if it can function correctly with the ink itself. (The R2400 page makes reference to its lack of pressurized carts.)

Thank you in advance for any guidance you may provide. I am just a hobbyist, and the outlay for the setup the 7800 requires is a rather big “investment” for me.

Best,
Eric

Assuming that there is no way to use the newer pro inks in this printer…

The database says that K7 and P2 are both available for this printer. However, in the curves folder for QTR (after I have installed the community edition), there does not appear to be a folder for P2 curves, only K7 (QuadR2400-K7). There are separate P2 folder for most other printers. Are the P2 curves available, or is K7 the only option for this aging printer at this point?

If you have the carts (from another supplier) and ink set that the 2880 supports will work with the 2400. The same curves will work as well.

best,
Walker

Thank you so much for your reply. That is really helpful information.

I think I would like to try the P2 set, but I’m curious - is it likely that the R2880 curves for the Pro ink set would likely also work on the R2400? (I understand that you’re not supporting it any longer, but it would be much cheaper to experiment with the desktop printer than the 7800 - only, of course, if the process will yield useful results.)

The Pro ink curves will work. But we do not support it so I can really only half confirm that.

best,
Walker

I understand. Thank you for answering!

Best,
Eric