I am brand new to Piezography and getting through the learning curve. Some comments:
- Epson 9890
- Selenium Ink Set with Glossy and Matte Black
- Using QTR
I have read the New Piezography Manual and have been able to effectively setup my printer and start printing. At this point I want to ensure I am maximizing performance.
I understand how to setup the settings and curves in QTR and this seems straightforward to me.
Q: On the Printer, what paper setting are you supposed to use? Lets assume Joe Cone Type 5 for this example.
- I have been using Epson Premium Glossy paper setting
- I know these settings impact the amount of ink that is laid down
- On other system I would create a custom profile and then select that particular paper setting on the User Interface. Should I be doing this with Piezography as well?
Q: In addition to the simple example above, which curve and which paper type should I be using with the following papers:
- Ilford Gold Mono Silk
- Pictorico High Gloss White Film
I process all my files in 16bit ProfotoRGB color space and save as TIFF
Q: Is this the best practice and file format for feeding into QTR?
Thanks for any feedback you might have. I think these are some trivial settings that I am just overlooking and I want to get the most from the setup. I usually make my own paper profiles using my i2 Pro but I realize Piezography is a bit different.