I attempted to install the decoder board to prepare my Epson p800 for ConeColor Pro ink, but I ran into an issue. Here are the steps I took:
- Ensured that automatic firmware updates are disabled for the printer.
- Installed the decoder board per video instructions (YouTube).
- Turned on my Epson p800.
- Saw an error–my printer cannot recognize “Cyan” cartridge and ONLY that cartridge. Please see the uploaded image below for my error.
My attempts at debugging, but nothing has worked so far:
- I opened the ink tray cover, and removed all the OEM cartridges and re-seated them.
- I turned off my printer, removed the power supply, and turned it back on.
- I cradled the “cyan” OEM cartridge like a baby and sang it a song, hoping that my printer would change its mind.
I’m excited to see how these ConeColor PRO color pigment inks turn out, once we remedy this issue.
Please let me know if you require more information. Thank you very much for your help!
All the best,