Epson I SP 9800

Hello everyone. I need some urgent advice… when I turn on my 9800. I have a message.
Lift, left hand ink lever. I do as instructed. However, this does not change anything. the Printer is still blocked. Even if I try to clean the memory with. the 3 second hold of the reset button. However. still blocked. Ive have disconnected the small wire which is situated on the side of the ink box, and reconnected it . still no luck. Ive switched of the 9800 and restarted it , No luck. I can not access the menu or make any other functions work. no matter how many times I lift and lower the handle. Nothing changes.

Please. If any one has any ideas, I would really appreciate their advice. I have large prints to make, for 3 exhibitions. Tie is not on my side.

Many thanks in advance.

David

I think what happened is the actual wire connecting the lever/switch sensor to the main-board is broken. You need to remove the ink bay, take the top off and look at that switch. It’s a swivel switch connected to a wire. The swivel may be broken or the wire itself.

-Walker

1 Like

Thank you Mr walker. Is their a way. I can temporarily fix the problem. Ie take off the wire?

Sadly it’s either fixed or not. There is no temporary solution here,

-Walker

Thank you for this info.
Do you know where I can buy the piece ?

you may want to call Compass Micro

-W

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my problem. Have a good week. David