The problem began about two weeks ago.
The printer is in pretty much constant use except for Sunday & Monday on which we are closed.
The problem occurred all at once in the middle of the week and between print jobs on the same day.
There was no head strike that I am aware of.
The temperatures have been warm outside but we are air conditioned and hold at about 70f.
The relative humidity has been high at times. 80% plus.
The other colors are working perfectly according to the nozzle check pattern.
I appreciate any help you may be able to provide.
If the head is indeed gone, it is likely that we will replace the printer. The head replacement cost is quite ridiculous.
I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing a problem with your LC channel printing fully, and appreciate that you attached a nozzle check for me to review. I see you originally purchased the set of refill carts and ConeColor ink bottles last Summer, and have ordered a few refill bottles since then, so I assume things have been working well and you have been happily printing until this started recently.
I have some questions to get a better understanding of your situation, and the answers will help me determine the cause and solution for your problem.
- When did this first start?
- Did the LC stop fully printing after the printer sat unused for a period of time, or during regular printing?
- If this occurred during regular printing- did you experience a print head strike on the corner or edge of paper before this started?
- If it started after the printer sat unused, about how long did the printer sit?
- Did the center LC nozzles slowly drop out until it got to this point, or did the center section suddenly drop out at once?
- How are all the other channels working?
- What is the temperature and humidity levels in your print environment?
Please let me know so I can try to help resolve this for you.
Best regards~ Dana[/QUOTE]