Epson 9890 Cart Leaking

re order: SO30734487

I know it has been a long time since I purchased these, but I had a large supply of 700ml carts that took me a while to go through…

so I finally got to using the one of my new unused carts for my 9890, and after filling the cart I discovered that the ink was leaking from the ink fill bag into the air pressure chamber and out the air pressure nozzle! It was quit visible through side of the cart what was happening.

Anyway, I was hoping you’d be able to help despite the age of my purchase, otherwise I need a new cart (like asap).

I believe it was the LLK cart, but am not home at the moment (I was filling several).

Please let me know if you can help, or if I’ll have to buy another.

Just so you know, I usually buy genuine oem epson off ebay for cheap, and then use the epson ink in your carts when the ones I get are bad (there are a boat load of those!).

Thank you. chadd

p.s. I see from some other posts that you have a new bagless design? I actually prefer the older cart with a collapsible bag as this mimics the epson carts which don’t allow air to get into the ink lines. Do you still have these?

Hi Chadd~

I see you bought the set of internal bag style refillable carts for your 9890 in Nov 2012. Yes, we now have a different non-bag style cart, which we feel works better. Our defective product warranty is 30 days from receipt of the items, so due to your order date, the products are no longer warrantied, but you can certainly purchase a replacement LLK cart (or whatever color you need). I recommend you save the chip from the LLK cart before discarding it, and quickly pour in back into the LLK bottle to avoid an ink mess. I believe we still have some of the 350ml bag carts, but feel the carts we currently sell are superior, so recommend you get the new model carts instead.

Please let me know if you have questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana

Hi,

Can you give me the proper part # for the 350ml LLK BAG cart, or work with me to ensure I get that kind? I like the bag cart design better (I also have a set of carts for my 3800, but the head failed) because no air can get in the ink lines once the cart has been refilled and evacuated.

I don’t have a container to put the ink back in. Fortunately, I was able to turn the cart upright so it doesn’t leak out of the air pressure port. The air pressure portion wasn’t broken, just the bag. So I need the replacement pretty badly.

Thank you,
chadd

I just checked our inventory, and see we actually disposed of all the remaining 350ml bag carts, since we stopped selling them and wanted to make space… So, I recommend you get the new model cartridge instead.

Thanks~ Dana