Epson 7900 new refillable cart issue

deleted deleted

Hi Stefan~

When I review your order history, I don’t see that you’ve purchased 7900 refillable carts from us. Did you purchase them under a different name/account?

Please let me know so I can help.
Thanks and best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Stefan~

I’m just checking in because I haven’t heard back from you yet. Please verify your cartridge purchase so I can help you resolve this issue and get back to happily printing.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Dana –

I have two accounts, one personal and one for the art museum. This was for the museum. The order was done in April. Will processed it, as an upgrade to the previous carts I had ordered a year or two ago.

Thanks for the additional information. Please specify which museum, or the name on the second account so I can review the order history.

~Dana

Hi Stefan~

Thanks for clarifying your account so I could review your order history. I see you recently purchased the new model 350ml model carts.
I have record of your original post in my email, but see you deleted it on the forum above- have you resolved the issue, or do you still need help?

Please let me know, thanks~ Dana :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;4185]Hi Stefan~

Thanks for clarifying your account so I could review your order history. I see you recently purchased the new model 350ml model carts.
I have record of your original post in my email, but see you deleted it on the forum above- have you resolved the issue, or do you still need help?

Please let me know, thanks~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

Still need help. I have been able to get each refillable cart to work, after much gnashing of teeth and pulling hair. I follow the instructions to the letter – fill cart, remove orange plug, inset syringe in exit nozzle and prime the cart. Each time - no matter what color, magenta, black and now cyan - it takes many, many cleanings, power in pairs usually, before the nozzle check indicates that everything is all flowing. Right now, I had just inserted the cyan refillable cart, and the nozzle check shows that there is very little coming out from that channel, even though looking at the tubes the ink is there, and looking at the cart, all seems fine. I know I can get it to work, but what I don’t understand is what am I doing wrong that it takes so long for these carts to work as they should?

Hi Stefan~

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble getting good ink flow from your newly installed refillable carts, and am here to help.

Are you priming cartridge exit channels with ink using the small priming tip on the end of the syringe, or are you using the syringe without priming tip attached?
Are you only having an issue getting good nozzle checks immediately after installing a refill cart for the first time, then it works well after, or are you also having issues with carts you have installed a while ago fully printing on the nozzle check?

What is the temperature and humidity in your printing environment?

Please let me know so I can help resolve this issue and get you back to happily printing.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Dana,

Had a tech come in today. Nothing wrong with the carts. The 7900 print head died. Have to get a replacement. I don’t understand how EPSON can function with their flagship model being the worst of all their printers.

grrrrr… these models have such frequent mechanical failures, it’s frustrating! I hope the new head works great and gives you many years of wonderful prints! :slight_smile:

Head replaced, all is fine now. I wish they would come out with an updated version of the x800 series – bigger print head nozzles, more manual under the hood type stuff, etc. It would be nice not having to swap cartridges in and out all the time to refill, like the old x600 series.

Hi Stefan~

I’m glad to hear your printer is working well again, but sorry to hear you had to replace the head (all too common with these printer models…). The x800 and x880 are my all time favorite printer models, ours are all consistently great working workhorses (for 5+ years), but I’ve experienced and heard of WAY to many issues with the x900 models that it’s beyond frustrating :frowning:
I hope your printer works well for a very long time- fingers crossed!!

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: