Epson 4900 no ink from Cyan channel

I recently acquired an Epson 4900 for FREE. I’m trying to get it operating fully using the OEM inks before switching to Cone Color. Over the last two week I have gone from zero ink in every channel to all channels showing up on the nozzle check to now not having any ink in the Cyan channel.
I was working on getting the nozzles clear. I had used all the techniques from soaking the head with wet paper towels to power cleanings. The Cyan channel was working great but the cart was getting low so I put in a new Cyan OEM Cartridge. That is when the Cyan nozzle check went blank. I have tried power cleans, re-soaking the head using Piezo Flush, etc. The cart is using up the ink with the cleanings, but there is no ink when doing a nozzle check. I thought it might be air in the line, but I have ran the initial charge using the adjustment software, but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas what is going on and how to resolve.

Thanks
John

Hey John. I’ve experienced this thing on several 4900s (both OEM and non-OEM ink carts). It’s a “sudden and permanent” drop that rarely if ever comes back. It’s not like a de-lamination like the 9900s but just complete drop. it’s a problem with the lack of pressure in this particular printer I think. I have not found a solution sadly. It’s some pressure block. Replacing the cleaning assembly and dampers may fix it (only just may).

-Walker

Walker,
If the cart is using up ink during cleaning cycles does that not mean that the ink is exiting the head and if so why no ink on nozzle check. Is the pressure in the head different during cleaning vs regular use.

Thanks
John

Partially yes it’s that the vacuum pressure created from the vacuum during cleaning is more than the ink pressure during printing.

-Walker