Epson 4900 Ink Cartridge Position for Piezo Prints & Piezo Digital Negatives

Hello

I have a Epson 4900 with a full set of Selenium inks (mate, gloss and digital negative inks)
I will like to maintain a printing system that allows me to make both regular Piezography Prints (PP) and Piezography Digital Negatives (PDN) for silver print and platinum palladium.

I have already make beautiful Piezography prints but I am confused by the cartridges ink position and the Methodology method. I have read all the papers but still I am not sure if my inks are in the correct position.

Do I should use the Methodology 1? right?

Bellow is a jpg with the description of how are my inks installed in my 4900.
Can you please tell me if that is correct or not.

Thank you

[QUOTE=Salva;9169]Hello

I have a Epson 4900 with a full set of Selenium inks (mate, gloss and digital negative inks)
I will like to maintain a printing system that allows me to make both regular Piezography Prints (PP) and Piezography Digital Negatives (PDN) for silver print and platinum palladium.

I have already make beautiful Piezography prints but I am confused by the cartridges ink position and the Methodology method. I have read all the papers but still I am not sure if my inks are in the correct position.

Do I should use the Methodology 1? right?

Bellow is a jpg with the description of how are my inks installed in my 4900.
Can you please tell me if that is correct or not.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Silver prints, platinum and pallladium prints, carbon-print, photogravure, cyanotype, kallitype, and many other traditional photographic mediums are suited to the density ranges that are possible when using Methodology 3. The below chart is our recommended curves for these mediums.

[TABLE=“width: 100%”]

Silver Print
P2M-PZDN-X800-Meth3-1_6v3

P2M-PZDN-X800-Meth3-1_5v3

P2M-PZDN-X800-Meth3-1_4v3

Platinum / Palladium
P2M-PZDN-X800-Meth3-1_8v3*

P2M-PZDN-X800-Meth3-1_7v3*

Photogravure
P2M-PZDN-X800-Meth3-1_8v3

P2M-PZDN-X800-Meth3-1_7v3

Cyanotype, Kallitype, others
P2M-PZDN-X800-Meth3-1_8v3

Carbon Print
P2M-PZDN-X800-Meth3-Carbon-v3

• requires use of Photoshop correction curve to compensate for UV = Pt-Pd.acv.zip

[/TABLE]

Pictorico Pro Ultra Premium OHP is the only film that we support because it is the only film produced today that can absorb as much ink as the Piezography process prints. Because the .quad curves are designed to minimize the distance between ink droplets, 40% more ink is printed with the Piezography process than is by the Epson printer driver. This additional ink is represented by the benefits of significantly higher resolution, more shadow and highlight detail, smoother tonal transitions, lack of digital artifacts or dot patterns.

Hi Jon,
Color me stupid, but would I copy the .acv files to Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Presets/Curves ?

Sorry, but this whole PS stuff is VERY new to me and one of my goals is to make Meth 3 digital negatives for Platinum/Palladium as well as Azo prints.

Thanks,
John

Futzed around and discovered that IS where they go. Nothing like answering your own question…

Well you can store curves wherever you wish to.

The curve is used as the last step, after you have inverted the image. So keep it handy where you can find it again.

[QUOTE=jon;9186]Well you can store curves wherever you wish to.

The curve is used as the last step, after you have inverted the image. So keep it handy where you can find it again.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Jon

Thanks Jon
I asume that the ink position in my Epson 4900 are correct?

Yes they are. Do you have the K7 and Dig Neg curves we produced for the X900??

They are located here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/attachment.php?attachmentid=808&d=1432674455

Great!
Yes, already I had installed the Dig Neg for X900, so I was concern when you mention the X800 curves in your first replay. Good to now I am in the right paths.
One more thing. With the X900 curves, still do I need to use Photoshop correction curve Pt-Pd.acv to compensate for UV for the Platinum-Paladium?

Yes for Pt/Pd. After inverting your image - apply the PS curve. For silver print you will not need it.

Perfect, thank you Jon.