Epson 4900 Adjustment Program - 'It seems the printer is not connected or not turned

I’m figuring with all of the people that have had to purchase the PiezoFlush kit and this program to try to clear head clogs on their 4900 printers someone else has had to run across the same problem as I am experiencing. Yesterday I received the PiezoFlush kit, put the flush solution into the carts and the carts into the printer, downloaded the adjustment program and got ready to hopefully clear my clog. That is until I selected the printer in the adjustment program and got message ‘It seems the printer is not connected or not turned on or not “ready”.’. I’m running Win 7 Pro, the program property for the adjustment program was changed to run in XP SP3 compatibility mode and I confirmed the DCOM server process is running. OH yea the printer status is Ready from the printer perspective and from the Control Panel perspective.

Can someone tell me what I am missing.

Frustrated!

Roger

for others who read this post, I am pasting the link for the other thread you posted with this same question: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/showthread.php?795-Epson-4900-Adjustment-Program-can-t-find-my-printer