My Epson 4880 has a stubborn air blockage in the Cyan line. I have tried everything I can think of with no change. I will list what happened below.
- All colors print a nozzle check fine except Cyan.
- Removing the cover over the Damper/Print Head I can see air in the Cyan hose.
- I primed all the refillable carts and can see no trapped air in the exit baffle.
- Thinking the Cyan cart might be faulty I replaced it. This made no change.
- I have repeatedly disconnected the Cyan line from the damper and pulled ink out of the hose with a syringe. I followed that with either an Initial Fill or Power Cleanings.
- Today three successive Power Cleanings made no change.
- All carts are refillable and have reset chips. All are recognized by the 4880.
- Although the Epson 4880 is an old printer model I kept it in storage unused. It was never used before I started using it at the beginning of this year. In that time all colors printed fine. Nozzle checks were usually perfect. The problem began after I have the carts out to add ink. After returning the cart the Cyan stopped.
If anyone has any insights I would be very grateful.