Epson 3880 stoped printing after changing pump and cap assembly

I’ve been trying to bring my 3880 up to speed for its conversion to K7 inks. I had recurrent and inconsistent nozzle checks, and following the advice of others decided to change the caping station. The service manual proved very easy to follow and I thought I had done everything correctly.

However, after starting the printer I noted that it did not print at all despite sounding, and the head moving, as if it was working fine. There is no trace of ink on a test sheet whether the test print is sent from the printer’s control panel or from my Mac.

I also noted that the cap has absolutely no ink on it despite running a cleaning cycle. It looks like ink is just not coming out of head. Of course it was printing fine before the replacement. Any ideas would be much appreciated…

I had a similar problem due to a damaged seal of the capping station. It doesn’t take a lot: just a small scratch will prevent the pump in the capping station to create the necessary vacuum to drain the ink (and probably to bring it to the print nozzles).
Hope this helps…
Best
Andreas