Epson 3880 not reading refillable cartridges

I purchased a Yellow and a Light Black refillable ink cartridges and my epson 3380 is not reading them. It just keeps saying “install ink cartridge”. I have used refills before. Help!

Hi Paul~

Are these the first refillable carts you’ve installed in this printer, or do you have other refillable carts already installed and working well?
Did you use Epson LLK and Y chips that you removed from your OEM carts that were previously working correctly in your printer?
Have you checked the reset chips? If not, I have included information for doing this below.

[FONT=arial]38XX “80ml” refill cart reset chip check:
The plastic base of every 3880 reset chip should have three small plastic tabs around the side that hold it onto the cartridge. If any of these tabs are broken or bent inward, the chip will not stay secured to the cartridge, therefore not have a good connection with the Epson chip underneath, which will cause an error. Also, on the back of every reset chip, there should be three metal pins that stick out and touch the Epson chip- the three pins should be equal length for proper contact with the Epson chip. Please check the plastic base to make sure there are three plastic tabs, and if they are all in place, gently bend them outward slightly to ensure they catch and hold onto the cartridge. Also check to make sure the three metal pins are present and equal length. On the front of the chips, please check the gold contacts to make sure nothing is on the contacts that would interfere with the printer’s ability to read it- if you see anything on the gold contacts, gently clean them with either an alcohol pad or pencil eraser. After checking all these things, push the reset chips back onto their corresponding cartridges and make sure they are pushed all the way onto the cart for a good connection with the Epson chip, then reinsert the cartridges into your printer and see how the printer responds.
[/FONT]
Please let me know your results, if you have questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;3127]Hi Paul~

Are these the first refillable carts you’ve installed in this printer, or do you have other refillable carts already installed and working well?
Did you use Epson LLK and Y chips that you removed from your OEM carts that were previously working correctly in your printer?
Have you checked the reset chips? If not, I have included information for doing this below.

[FONT=arial]38XX “80ml” refill cart reset chip check:
The plastic base of every 3880 reset chip should have three small plastic tabs around the side that hold it onto the cartridge. If any of these tabs are broken or bent inward, the chip will not stay secured to the cartridge, therefore not have a good connection with the Epson chip underneath, which will cause an error. Also, on the back of every reset chip, there should be three metal pins that stick out and touch the Epson chip- the three pins should be equal length for proper contact with the Epson chip. Please check the plastic base to make sure there are three plastic tabs, and if they are all in place, gently bend them outward slightly to ensure they catch and hold onto the cartridge. Also check to make sure the three metal pins are present and equal length. On the front of the chips, please check the gold contacts to make sure nothing is on the contacts that would interfere with the printer’s ability to read it- if you see anything on the gold contacts, gently clean them with either an alcohol pad or pencil eraser. After checking all these things, push the reset chips back onto their corresponding cartridges and make sure they are pushed all the way onto the cart for a good connection with the Epson chip, then reinsert the cartridges into your printer and see how the printer responds.
[/FONT]
Please let me know your results, if you have questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana

[/QUOTE]

yes to all above. the pins are fine, the tabs are straight, i cleaned the chip with rubbing alcohol and nothing. same result.

Help!!!

I am not sure why you’re having trouble getting these refill carts recognized by your printer, but I can send you a replacement LLK and Y reset chips, which have been tested and confirmed to work well in our printer.

Please let me know if you have questions, your results with the new chips, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;3148]I am not sure why you’re having trouble getting these refill carts recognized by your printer, but I can send you a replacement LLK and Y reset chips, which have been tested and confirmed to work well in our printer.

Please let me know if you have questions, your results with the new chips, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

that would be great. thank you!!

You are very welcome- please keep me posted :slight_smile: