Epson 1500w (1430) with K3 pigment ink

Hi, I’m attempting to use your pigment ink in my new Epson 1500 (which i think is the 1430 in the USA) but I am not having any luck at all. I’ve had a profile made for Innova IFA-49 which I use regularly but results are hopeless. I know you need to know all the usual settings etc but my question is really about using pigments in what is essentially a dye printer. Is there something in the Epson driver which is not able to recognise pigment ink? Do you have other users with this set-up who have success?
Regards, AM

MAC OS 10.6.8
Epson 1500w - driver 8.63
Innova IFA-49
CCPRO Y/M/C/photoK/LC/LM
Photoshop CS5

I don’t know of anyone using the 1500w printer model, but will try my best to help.

1. What is the problem- is your printer not accepting the cartridges, or is your output poor? It looks like the 1500w and 1400/1430 printer models use the “79” series cartridges, so I expect the carts should work fine.
  2. For optimal results, you will need to use an ICC Profile specific to the exact printer model, ink, paper and print settings you’re using. If you’re trying to use a profile made with Epson inks, it will not work with ConeColor inks, and you will need a new profile for the specific inks you’re using.
  3. Due to color management issues with Mac systems 10.6.8, Photoshop CS5 and higher, you will want to print targets thru the Adobe Color Printing Utility for true “NO color management”, which is very important when making a custom profile.

Please let me know so I can try to help.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;1937]I don’t know of anyone using the 1500w printer model, but will try my best to help.

1. What is the problem- is your printer not accepting the cartridges, or is your output poor? It looks like the 1500w and 1400/1430 printer models use the “79” series cartridges, so I expect the carts should work fine.
  2. For optimal results, you will need to use an ICC Profile specific to the exact printer model, ink, paper and print settings you’re using. If you’re trying to use a profile made with Epson inks, it will not work with ConeColor inks, and you will need a new profile for the specific inks you’re using.
  3. Due to color management issues with Mac systems 10.6.8, Photoshop CS5 and higher, you will want to print targets thru the Adobe Color Printing Utility for true “NO color management”, which is very important when making a custom profile.

Please let me know so I can try to help.
Best regards~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dana, I’ve managed to solve the profile problem by purchasing another one from a different supplier - It works perfectly… just goes to show!
I now have another query relating to the carts. The printer seems to bomb out quite regularly with the error “THIS PRINTER DOES NOT RECOGNISE THE CARTRIDGE” and shows up with a cartridge light lit. I keep the carts topped up so they never run low. I cure the problem by unplugging and removing the carts for half hour then replacing and starting again. Any trick to preventing this happening so regularly?
Best regards, Tony

The cartridge chip will track ink used from each cartridge, and estimate when the cartridge is low and the printer thinks it needs to be replaced (no matter how much ink is actually in the cart). At this time, you can remove, refill, and reinstall the cartridge that reads empty, and the chip will be automatically reset to read full again in the printer, or you can get a chip resetter to manually reset the ink levels when you refill carts.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: