Daily Print Workflow

The larger carts with chips that take batteries seem to cost more. The R3000 carts are $120 per set, and the 3880 are $155 per set. While the larger size might make them a little more expensive, I think it’s the chips that are driving the price. So yes, compared to the R1900 / R2400 / R2880 they seem expensive, but that’s progress for you.

The R2000 is a less flexible printer, i.e. since it doesn’t use K3 inks then if you want the option to print colour there’s not many 3rd party inksets and there’s no ABW mode, so you’d have to want a dedicated piezo printer in order to get one and buy the refillables. But I’d have thought that there would be more than one person in the whole wide world in this position.

Yes, I believe the higher cost is due to the battery style chips used on the R2000 carts.

I have found the printer sometimes doesn’t update the black ink mode after installing a different black cart. Have you tried shutting down both the printer and computer, or “updating” the status monitor?

~Dana

Huh…Status Monitor shows the MK cart, but printer Properties still shows PK, so matte paper cannot be selected. I restarted the printer, but that didn’t help. I’ll try restarting the computer soon (I usually hibernate my PC as a general rule, so it doesn’t shut down/restart often…)

Edit: A computer restart didn’t fix the problem. I had the printer properties dialog box open when I swapped carts; perhaps that is why. I’ll try an ink switch again with it closed in the near future. Any other ideas that don’t involve cleaning cycles? :wink:

Edit 2: Fixed it. Had to go to the Utility tab, then ‘Printer & Option Info’. After clicking out, it prompted to restart the preferences dialog and then all was well.

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;6288]We were pretty surprised too, since they’re good desktop size printers. I will ask what the plan is with the remaining R2000 carts, and let you know.

~Dana :)[/QUOTE]

Any update on the plans for those R2000 carts? Someone on the old Yahoo Piezo forum seems interested. And I may be too, if you’re thinking of disposing of them.

How many sets of the R2000 carts are you looking to purchase Brian, including the user on the yahoo forum as well?

That depends on price Kelly. As you can see from this forum, I don’t have an R2000, but I probably would get one if my R1900 ever started giving me trouble, and I would want carts for it if I did. I don’t want to be in a situation at that point where you don’t have them any more. I can wait if you don’t intend to dispose of the stock, but if you eventually do, then at that point I may buy a number of sets as a precaution. Dana implied that you might dispose of them somehow, given the batteries are flat and you’d sold so few. Perhaps this is better dealt with by email.

I can’t speak for the other chap. His need is more immediate. He’s not a customer yet, so without a customer number he can’t post here. Someone from IJM should contribute to that thread, esp Jon re Michael’s desire to mix inks.