Curves creation question

Since I recently asked about curves for metallic paper or the new Canson media entries and there were no responses, I am going to try curve creation. Since I attended the workshop last September and we downloaded the Piezography Professional Edition Software Toolset v2 (I believe that’s correct) I have a few questions. Afterall, that was almost a year ago & I’m sure I’ll have more questions, but for now:
1: Is this in fact the v2?
2. In the mages folder (for the Piezography targets) it lists one for Colormunki, however that was replaced with the i1Studio (which is what I have). I’ve only used it to create paper profiles for color. So is that the same as the Colormunkl?
3: I do have the Excel program on my computer but have never used it (but I’m sure I can figure it out for this) but what is CGATS format?
4: If I read this correctly, this is to linearize an existing curve but what would I start with for a metallic paper, and the 2 Canson matt papers I mentioned in my previous posts? i.e. Arches 88, & Photographique II Baryta Matt.

So no response or advice?

Dear KeithR, I was busy getting married.

i1Studio is not supported I’m afraid. You need ColorMunki or I1Pro or some other spectro.

-Walker

Thanks for the reply and congratulations!

I’m curious as to what is the difference that the i1Studio does not do compared to the ColorMunki ? Wasn’t the i1Studio supposed to be an upgrade to the CM. I also discovered that there was a software upgrade (6/4/2022) to the i1Studio.

It’s the same hardware with locked out functionality.

-Walker

Can you expand as to what functionality was locked out, please? Thank you.