Curve for innova paper

Hi,

I maybe want to convert my 9800 to neutral K7.
To test everything first I bought a 2880 and a neutral K7 inkset.

I have some questions:

Do you know for which type of Innova paper the curve is made in QTR?
It says Innova Fiba photo but do you have more precise name/type of the paper?

I want to test with Innova and print with PK. I printed with some Innova paper that I had here but it looks not 100% linear. Maybe I’ve used the wrong curve for this paper…
Is it also normal when printing rgb 000 the black ink floats on the paper?

Do you have a curve for permajet fiberbase gloss that I can use on the 2880?

Thanks already!

Best regards
Peter

Hi Peter~

You can find a detailed list of curve names and the exact paper they are for here: http://www.piezography.com/PiezoPress/technical-support/epson-r2880-installation/

It is not normal for ink to “float on the paper”. What paper are you printing on? What curve are you selecting in QTR? What speed and resolution are you selecting? Are you printing from Mac or PC? If Mac, what OS?

We have a few pre-made Piezography glossy paper curves, which you can get here: http://www.piezography.com/PiezoPress/blog/piezography-k7-inks-and-curves/piezography-glossy-curves-library/
If you wish to print on a paper that we don’t provide a curve for, we can make custom curves for you to use. You can read more about our custom curve service here: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.A/id.3682/.f?sc=15&category=-115#

Please let me know if you have further questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Dana,

Thanks for this!
It seems that I used the wrong paper…
The provided curves are for matte innova paper and I have used this curves for glossy innova photo paper…

I print from pc, unidirectional at 2440 dpi.

I’m going to read the extra info you provided on the links, thanks for this!

Best regards
Peter

Hi Peter~

Yes, using a curve for a matte or rag paper on a glossy or semi-gloss paper will not look/work right, and it’s important to use a glossy specific curve for the paper you’re using for the best results.

Please let me know if you have further questions after reading the information I directed you to, and trying some of our pre-made glossy curves, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Hi Dana,

In the link you provided with all the correct names for the different kinds of papers, there is a curve for this paper: Ilford Smooth Heavy Weight Matte
I have this paper here in stock and I want to try printing on it but I can’t find the curve. It’s not preinstalled in QTR.
Can you provide me a link where I can find this curve?

Thanks already!

Best regards
Peter

Hmmm… strange. I have that curve, and will email it to you right away.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Dana,
Thanks for this!
I’ve just printed a 16bit gradient from white to black with this curve.
From white to almost dark grey, it looks very good and smooth. From darkgrey to black, the printed gradient isn’t smooth, the black part is showing some lighter black colors in the same horizontal printed lines.

Any idea what this can be? I printed a nozzle check first, this was ok.

Thanks again!
Peter

Hi Dana,

I just did a test and printed the same file on my 9900. I’ve got the same pattern in the blacks.
So, the problem is not qtr related… :wink:

Ps: the K7 gradient looks much better :slight_smile:

Best regards
Peter

Hi Peter~

I just emailed you a slightly different curve to try. If this doesn’t give you acceptable results, then I suggest you try a different matter paper curve or get a custom curve made specific to your exact setup.