Not sure of the best place to ask this, but here we go:
I currently own a 3880 and am very happy with the Cone Color Pro results. But, I travel a lot with the printer to do at-event prints. It's both big and slow, especially for smaller prints (4x6, 8.5x11, 11x17). I'd like another printer to take over the smaller print sizes.
Ideally, this printer would:
- print up to 13x19, but a regular Letter sized printer would be ok.
- be natively compatible with the Cone Color Pro inkset, or be compatible through profiling.
- have refill carts that accurately monitor ink levels
- Have carts "on board" the printhead.
With these desires in mind, I'm thinking of the Artisan 1430. Some questions on that front:
- IJM supplies refillable cartridges, as well as the EZFill system. Which do I want? It seems like EZFill would be better overall.
- Is it worth the hassle of switching the 1430 over to CCPro inks and mucking with profiling, or are the CL inks sufficient for my use?
- Or should I look at some other Epson model?
"My use" is printing poster-like images which are usually fairly vibrant, for typical display inside (bedroom, dorm).
Thanks in advance for your input!
Edit 12/28: Well, the Epson refurb units have sold out, but they just added a 2880. It's $150 more, but uses the K3V inkset natively. Seems like a win, if the cost can be justified.