ConeColor ICC Profile question

I just installed a set of ConeColorPro inks that I purchased this past December in my Epson 3880 this past week.

When printing color images on Epson Exhibition Fiber using the CCP-3880-EPexFiber.icm profile that I downloaded from your web site, all my test prints had a distinct color shift.

I then tried a profile that was on my PC dating back to 2011 Epson_SP3880_Exhibition_Fiber_Paper_PK_v1.icc and the color shift was gone.

I was printing directly from Photoshop and I also printed from Qimage and all had a color shift until I changed profiles.

I would have expected your CCP profile to have been the benchmark standard with your inks.

Can you shed any light on this for me?

What sort of “color shift” did you have in the prints made with our CCP-3880-EPexFiber profile? What operating system and Photoshop version are you using? What Media Type setting did you select when printing thru our profile?

Our ConeColor inks are designed to work with standard Epson profiles, so if you get good results using the Epson profile, that is what you should use.
We have found some color management issues with different operating systems, print drivers, and printing applications, which has effected profiles made with different systems.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

I am using CS5 on a Windows 7 machine. I chose the same paper types, etc. for each print. I will test again and verify all settings and provide an example if I can repeat the issue.

I’m going to close this question. I’m not exactly sure what was going on (I have an idea) but now I get what appear to be identical prints using both profiles.

Identical good, or bad prints with both profiles?