Cone ink curing times

G’Day,

I was curious about the curing times of Cone inks [ConeColor PRO and Piezography]. For the sake of color stability and handiling, I am trying to gauge how long I should let the inks “rest” before putting them into use.

I am a bookbinder and private publisher. I will generally print duplex on uncoated or matte coated stocks. What would be good practice for curing before manual duplexing? And to elaborate further, my prints will be folded, pressed and (after binding) won’t have much exposure to air… (this is probably a “Thank you, Cpt. Obvious!” statment :p) Should I give all pages further curing time before binding (2-3 days)?

I have tried to run a search for this subject but came up no results…

I would recommend allowing your prints to dry for at least 24 hours before binding them into a book. We always recommend slip-sheeting over prints to protect the surface, and not sliding/rubbing prints, as this can mar the paper and print surface (which I’m sure you’re already well aware of from experience).

I hope this helps. Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:
This helps alot. I tend to be impatiant but I don’t want to overreact and take too long. This gives me a reasonable guidline to follow.

Excellent, I’m glad to help :slight_smile:

Happy printing and binding~ Dana