Cone 5 paper

Is anybody having trouble with the cone 5 paper that recently came in? I am printing a piezo print I have printed a number of times on cone 5, all the same setting, nozzles clean but my prints are coming our much much darker. hmmm thanks

I just printed a 21 strip on cone 5 . There are no steps between 75 and 95. I also printed one on hahn photo rag all the step are there, though it is not as clear a step between 85 and 90. Any help appreciated!!

Hi Liza~

Are you printing from Mac or Windows? What operating system version? What QuadTone RIP version? If you’re printing from Mac, are you printing from Photoshop or QTR Print Tool? If Print Tool- what version?

Please let me know so I can resolve this issue and get you back to happily printing.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

mac 10.6.8 Qtr I.07 I am printing from Qtr tool. Thanks

Thanks for the additional information Liza.
For your Mac setup, you should be using the latest QuadTone RIP version 2.7.5 and QTR Print Tool version 1.1.0. Please update both, make a test print, and let me know how your results look.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

same dark print

Which Piezography ink set are you using, and what is the exact name of the curve you’re selecting?
When did you last print with this printer/ink/paper/curve combination and get good results?
Has the printer sat unused for a while?

Special Edition K7 3800 MPS-type 5 didn’t print cone 5 april 29 until June 6th mas or menos, I did print cone 2. and hahn photorag
. Did you see my 21 steps.

No, I didn’t see your 21 step strips- did you email or mail them to me?
Have you been regularly agitating your ink carts to maintain in-suspension pigment for accurate/consistent output results?
Did you uninstall QuadTone RIP and QTR Print Tool then install latest versions of both, or just install the latest versions?
I have personally used this exact printer/ink/paper and curve combination with excellent results, using both old and new Type 5 paper, so know your setup should work well, though have experienced overly dark output using earlier versions of QTR and QTR Print Tool, and know settled pigment can effect output density.

Please let me know, thanks~ Dana

I described the 21 steps above “I just printed a 21 strip on cone 5 . There are no steps between 75 and 95. I also printed one on hahn photo rag all the step are there, though it is not as clear a step between 85 and 90”
I just installed latest version as per Roy’s advise
I have shaked pigments.
I would really like to get back to printing piezo. I don’t think my inks are old

thanks

Hi Liza~

Based on my experience and from what you’re explaining, it sounds like you may not be using the latest versions of either QTR Print Tool and/or QuadTone RIP- have you uninstalled both, then downloaded and installed both latest versions (QTR Print Tool version 1.1.0 and QTR Print Tool version 2.7.5)?

Since your printer sat for a while without use, you may be dealing with the effects of settled pigment- in which case you will need to remove and shake all your ink carts (refill any that are low), then do 3 Power Clean Cycles rom the maintenance menu of your printer’s control panel to purge settled pigment and get correct density ink from carts to the print head.

Please keep me posted, thanks~ Dana :slight_smile: