Color Thrift Pro ink color cast

There is a reddish color cast printing black and white with Color Thrift Pro that was not there using original Epson pigment inks with my R3000. This is the same file and printing on the same paper - Epson Ultra Luster. I don’t want to convert to piezo at this time. Any thoughts on this? Will using black Cl black help?

i would not recommend printing black and white images with this InkThrift PRO if longevity is important to you. Usually it is with black & white, unless you are producing short term graphics. Having said that, this ink set would render ABW difficult to use because the dye ink gamut is so totally different than that of a color pigment ink gamut. The best way to print black & white using dye inks on an Epson printer that normally uses the Ultrachrome color gamut ink set would be to produce a high quality ICC profile for the media, convert the image to RGB grayscale or and shift it’s tone using traditional Photoshop tools - and then print as an RGB image using the Epson RGB driver (rather than ABW) through the ICC profile that you make for that media. The CL inks are much longer lasting but are not available with LK and LLK. InkThrift PRO is for short term graphics and the cost is so low you could afford to buy ColorMunki to make your ICC profiles! Let us know if you have other questions.