Clogged Orange Nozzle, Epson 7900

I have a suborn clog in my orange channel. I have placed some Piezo flush on one of those blue Shop Towel paper towels and wheel the head over top (like the Windex trick) and let it sit overnight to no avail.

1. Do you think I should try again with Windex? My thoughts are that the fumes may help dissolve in a way Piezo flush doesn’t. Any thoughts on that?

2. Could this be related to the capping station?

thumbnail_IMG_6512

have you fixed this issue with the orange head??

I just acquired a lightly used Epson 7900 and I have an orange channel clog very similar to this one. I’ve done several cleaning cycles for all inks as well as the pair that includes the orange channel, all with no change.

My next plan is to run Piezo flush in the orange channel and let is set for a while. But, I’m wondering how many dual channel cleanings I have to do in order to get the Piezo flush all of the way to the print head?? Any information would be appreciated.

Also, any other ideas on how resolve this persistent issue?

I am sorry for the delay; I JUST saw your reply in December! No. Have not fixed it.

I cannot help with your question BUT how to you plan to introduce Piezo flush into the lines?

if it is only the orange and or green just install the drivers for the 7890 and use it that way, it shuts off the green and orange and you can print normally using the 7890 profiles. i have done it on 2 7900 printers and it works perfectly

1 Like

I can confirm this as well.

Best regards,
Walker

Thank you so much!!!

Thanks for the confirmation.

Hi! Did you see the solution they offered?

“if it is only the orange and or green just install the drivers for the 7890 and use it that way, it shuts off the green and orange and you can print normally using the 7890 profiles. i have done it on 2 7900 printers and it works perfectly”

Thanks for information. I will try the 7890 profiles as it sounds like an easy solution, at least in the short run.

I think I might still try to introduce Piezo flush by doing paired cleanings to get the flush into the clogged print head damper and channel. I’ll let it sit there for a while and then push the flush out with a follow up set of paired cleanings.

In the mean time I’ve started to experience another even more troublesome issue. I’ll start another thread on this new issue, but thought I mention it here in case any of you know what the issue is and what the possible solution might be…

This problem being that the light cyan ink is getting thrown out of the print head causing major splatters of ink all over prints. It seems like this ink is leaking from the head itself though I can’t be sure of it. I noticed that my light cyan cart was nearly empty when ink levels reading showed it to be 75%. Any ideas? Is this new print head scenario? (I hope not!)