Cleaning Error on Epson 7800

Hi, sorry I’m not sure who to address this tech support question to. I spoke with Wells and was told to contact you. I brought a set of Piezoflush cartridges and the necessary amount of flush for my Epson 7800. I receive 2 containers of flush, one 700mL and the other 220mL, and filled the eight empty cartridges with an equal amount of flush in each. I proceeded with an init fill. After the init fill the printer automatically went into the cleaning cycle. I attached a picture of the printout after the cleaning. It didn’t complete the cleaning and a “Cleaning Error, Please pause button” message showed on the lcd screen. I also included a section of the error message that I found online for your reference. After pressing the pause button I realized that the printer was going to do another cleaning cycle so I powered off the printer because because i didn’t want to unnecessarily waste the flush solution. How should I proceed? This happened on Friday and I have left the flush solution in the printer over the weekend. You can see from the cleaning printout that the flush solution had reached the print heads. Please advise me on what to do.

PS: I tried to upload and attached the files but I kept getting an error even after resizing the file.

Thanks,
Percy

Hi Percy~

Please follow these instructions for attaching images to our forum: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?152-How-to-attach-images-to-this-forum

When doing the Initial Fill, you must raise and lower the cartridge locking levers a few times. If you start the procedure, then leave the printer, it will not finish, and tell you to push the pause button to continue. The Initial fill cycle will restart if interrupted or not completed (there’s no way to cancel an Initial Fill once initiated, so it must finish to move on), so you’ll want to make sure it goes thru the whole process before turning the printer off, removing carts, etc…

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have further questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best regards~ Dana

Hi Dana,

I attached the pics. On Friday I completed the Initial Fill Cycle already. After the initial fill cycle the printer went into a cleaning cycle automatically. I didn’t initiate the cycle. I attached pics of the printout from the cleaning cycle and also a screenshot of the “cleaning error” message that I saw.

I assume the blocked nozzles are why you bought the cleaning kit, yes? When you hit Continue, does it repeat cleanings? Since the flush is obviously in the head, letting it soak is a good idea. Hopefully those nozzles will clear soon and then the auto check will pass.

Your printer is giving a “cleaning error” because it detects clogged nozzles in the auto nozzle check pattern. I also see some residual color ink, mainly in the cyan and yellow channels, so a combination of letting the printer rest with PiezoFlush, and a power clean cycle or two would be a good way to proceed. In auto nozzle check mode, your printer will work on the K, C, M + Y channels first and won’t move onto the other four channels until it gets a perfect nozzle check with the first four. I always print manual nozzle checks, so I can see the health of all channels at once, and have control over cleaning as I see fit. Have you also cleaned the printer’s capping station, wiper blade, flushing box and bottom of the print head? If not, I recommend manually cleaning your printer, following our instructions, here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?133-Printer-Cleaning-and-Preventative-Maintenance

Best~ Dana

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;7697]Your printer is giving a “cleaning error” because it detects clogged nozzles in the auto nozzle check pattern. I also see some residual color ink, mainly in the cyan and yellow channels, so a combination of letting the printer rest with PiezoFlush, and a power clean cycle or two would be a good way to proceed. In auto nozzle check mode, your printer will work on the K, C, M + Y channels first and won’t move onto the other four channels until it gets a perfect nozzle check with the first four. I always print manual nozzle checks, so I can see the health of all channels at once, and have control over cleaning as I see fit. Have you also cleaned the printer’s capping station, wiper blade, flushing box and bottom of the print head? If not, I recommend manually cleaning your printer, following our instructions, here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?133-Printer-Cleaning-and-Preventative-Maintenance

Best~ Dana[/QUOTE]

I have not cleaned any of the areas that you mentioned, but i will proceed with that now. The flush solution has been sitting in the printer since Friday afternoon so I think I can start printing again. How can I turn off the auto nozzle check? I know how to do a manual one but I dont remember how to do the auto.

Thanks,
Percy

The auto nozzle check can be disabled in the printer setup menu on the LCD panel.