Cleaning Epson 7890

I have problem with cleaning my Epson 7890. Both normal cleaning and power cleaning gives a test print result that is not good. The pattern shows missing segments. I have also tried to clean my Epson as it is shown in the video on youtube. But the missing segments are still there!
What to do?
Sorry for my english!

Hanler

Please post photos of the nozzle check if you can.

best,
Walker

Testprint

I hope this picture is ok for you

best

Hanler

You have a blown head not a clog.

This is a thing that happens on the 9900 . . . The reason why I know this is a blown head is because all the middle sections are missing and also slightly bent to the right.

We try to tell people to call us or email us before getting a flush kit (for this printer model specifically) because often it’s not just a clog but a delimitation of the head surface. It is not recoverable sadly.

best,
Walker

Does that mean I had to buy new printer heads?

best

Hanler

Yes. This means you need to buy a new printer head. Also a new cleaning assembly because it’s that unit that make the head go in the first place.

-Walker

ok it will be expensive I suppose. But what to do? Where can I buy a printer head and a cleaning assembly?

Hanler

Do a quick google search for “Epson Authorized Parts Dealers” and you will find a list in 2 seconds.

best,
Walker

Ok thank you for a very good support!

Hanler

I’m back having another question regarding to the problem with the print head.
What does it really mean that the printhead is blown. I don’t find a Swedish word for it. Clog I can understand.

Hanler

Small parts of the surface have exploded.

best,
Walker

Ok then I understand. I found the print head from a company. But I’m not quite sure what you mean with cleaning assembly. Do you have a product name for it.

Hanler

Can I ask you again about the cleaning assembly you suggested I would buy with the print head.
Cleaning assembly is that the same as Cleaner Head spare part?

Hanler

I have a 7890 with the same problem where the cyan and LLK have middle segments missing. From what I read here, this means a non-fixable issue and a new head needs to be replace. If this is correct, can the printer be turned into a six color B&W piezophoto unit like the video suggest? Does your program direct the inks into specific working channels?

If you get the Matte Only Pro inks you can run this in K4 matte setup w/out changing a thing.

Ultra HD Matte Black
Warm Dark Grey
Cool Dark Grey
Warm Medium Grey
Cool Medium Grey
Warm Light Grey
Cool Light Grey

Then use the Pro K4 Matte curves that come with the community edition:

Best,
Walker

Thanks Walker, Here’s my nozzle check. You previously mentioned that the slant is also indicative of a bad head. Is this what you see here? Also, it may be a moot point as you mentioned seven colors and I only have six usable channels…

sample

Yep, if only K6 than you can use the K6 Neutral ink-set. HD Matte Black, and Neutral shade 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

If you are primarily doing small prints you can get the Photo Black ink as well and spray gloss your prints if the glossies.

best,
Walker

This one is a 7890 for larger prints that I would turn to Piezo. I have two 4880 and will turn one of them for smaller prints. So the slant is not an issue then. Thanks for the great info!