Chip not fitting correctly on GREEN cart, Epson 9900

My GREEN cart chip does not seem to be fitting correctly on my cart. I noticed that this cart looks slightly different from my other carts. Perhaps it was a bad design. Anyway, it can not be recognized because it is not lying flat. See photos in separate e-mail because attaching photos to this post does not seem to work.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark~

I attached the images you sent below. For instructions on how to attach images to this forum (for future knowledge), please go here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?152-How-to-attach-images-to-this-forum

After reviewing your order history, I see you purchased spare chips for your 9900 refill carts in May 2013. Please check any other 9900 chips you have to see if any other plastic bases have these two plastic tabs. Using a razor blade, carefully cut off the two plastic tabs as indicated by the photo below, so it fits into the space on the cart correctly.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

I thought of that but was afraid it was not right. I will do that. Thanks.

It’s always good to check first!

Warmly~ Dana :slight_smile:

Well, printer is still not seeing it. I just tried to get Wells to add a CHIP-X9XX-350-G to my current order.

Hi Mark~

What is the exact message displayed on your printer’s LCD panel after replacing the GR chip? Is this the exact same message that was displayed before replacing the chip?

Please let me know, thanks~ Dana

Yes, I tried resetting it. If I put in a Epson cart it works.

I’m curious if your printer is displaying “NO cart” or another error?

No cart. Not sure if its the chip, tried the wedge thing too.

Thanks. That’s what I was wondering- chip or physical fit of the cart in the printer. Did you try pushing all carts towards the left of the cartridge bay, before closing the door? Was this cartridge working fine with the previous chip for a while, then suddenly displayed the “NO cart” error or have you been having a hard time with this cart since the beginning?

~Dana

It has been working fine since first use, I never noticed the chip not fitting right. Wells is sending me a replacement chip to try. I have tried the cart wedge thing, even did the Epson fix with the rubber bumpers mounted on the back of the chip board between it and its bracket. Takes a bit to get at, removing the cleaning assembly, but not too bad.

Thanks Mark. Please let me know how the new chip works, if you have further questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

I just got the chip, can you let Wells know I got the wrong one, looks like he sent me one for the 9800. I need the GREEN for 9900.

Hi Mark~

I checked, and see the green chip has already been shipped to you, so you should receive it soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best~ Dana