Cart's for 11880

I’m about to purchase an Epson 11880 and I would love to run Cone Color Inks in it. I’m currently running Cone Color in my 99&7900 and would hope to use the same inkset minus the green & orange. I know you guys do not carry these empty cartridges, but if I find some would there be any issue using your inks in another manufacturers carts? I do produce my own icc’s and linearize in house so I feel like it should work but i thought I should ask the experts before doing so. If anyone has any leads for 11880 carts please let me know! Thanks!

Hi Joey~

My understanding (though I have never worked with an 11880 personally) is the 11880 is essentially just a bigger version of the 7880/9880 printers, and I DO have lots of experience with these models (they are my favorites!)
As you already know, we don’t have carts for this model printer, but one customer has reported using Piezography inks in his 11880 with success, and was able to find decent refillable carts online (though from a Spanish website).
I would say if you can locate a set of refillable carts, that you can use ConeColor Pro ink in your 11880. Since you can make your own profiles, color management will be no issue.

I hope this helps, please keep me posted on your experience, and let me know if you have questions or there’s anything further that I can help you with.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Dana,

Thanks for your quick response! Two separate Epson techs from Dallas recently have told me that the 11880 shares the same print head as the 7900/9900. This always confused me since the 11880 does not have green or orange. I loved my 9800 and was sad to see it go, happy to hear the 11880 is similar. I will keep you posted once I get it.

Thanks,
Joey

Hi Joey~

Yes, I see the 11880 has the same # of nozzles per channel as the 7900/9900, so without orange or green inks, is probably the big version of the 7890/9890 model, which uses UltraChrome K3 Vivid Magenta ink and works great with ConeColor Pro inks.

Thanks for keeping me posted, I am curious about the carts you find and your overall experience.
Please let me know if there’s anything further I can help you with.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: