Can you recommend a temporary chip reset technique for the Epson 127 carts

Hi, Dana–
Back with another printer problem. I have an Epson WF-7010 in which I just started using your DB ink. I fill the carts I purchased from Inkjet Mall using your recommended technique. My black cart right now does not reset automatically. I see that there are reset tools but I only have the one for my 1430s. Can you recommend a technique I can use to reset the cart and then advise what to order from Inkjet Mall?
Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill~

These model carts don’t use a resetter like some other models. The “127” model carts have a small battery behind each chip, which resets the ink level when the two reset points are touched on the face of the chip. Have you tried resetting the black cart following the reset procedure in your cartridge instructions? If so, and the ink level doesn’t reset, then it may be the battery doesn’t have a good connection, or has reached the end of it’s life.

Please let me know so I can help you get past this and back to happily printing.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Dana thanks for your reply. I just bought the cartridges from Inkjet Mall and tried all the approaches in your instructions. I guess I should order another set of cartridges and hope for the best. Best, Bill

Please keep me posted.

Dana, I ordered another set of 127 carts from Inkjet Mall today. FYI though not needed I had to take the syringes as well although I have many from previous cart orders for my other printers. We will see how the new carts do after I load them in strict obedience to you instructions. By the way the rubber plugs come in the air vent. Then I removed them, and the clear plastic plug from the fill hole. Then I filled the carts the first time using the large syringes in the fill hole. When all was done I put the rubber colored plug that was formerly in the air vent into the fill hole and left the air vent open. Correct? Best, Bill

Ok, please do keep me posted with your results, and any questions you have.
To fill the “127” model carts, you will need the air vent plug IN to draw a vacuum to fill the cartridge and get ink into the exit chamber (which is necessary for proper ink flow and function of the cart).
I have attached the instructions for these carts incase you don’t have them handy.

Keep me posted~ Dana :slight_smile:

(Insert# 111) Desktop business printers (625)-email.pdf (150 KB)

Hi, Dana–I received a new set of 127 cartridges. I followed instructions and kept the red plug in the air vent hole, where it resided when delivered. In your video the air vent hole is covered with tape. I filled the cartridge according to your directions using the vacuum fill technique, and moving the red plug from the air vent hole to the fill hole after filling was completed. The filled cart worked just fine. Apparently I was confused in my first attempt by the vacuum fill technique and plugs in different locations
from your video. In second fill I mastered it after I removed the clear plastic plug from the fill hole, and kept colored plug during fill in air vent hole. All fine now. My WF-7010 printer works fine. Now I have to master printing booklets on it using the duplex method. Thanks for your help. Best, Bill

Thanks for the update. I’m glad to hear the new carts filled and are working correctly. There are three different fill procedures for the various desktop model refill carts we carry, though we currently only have one video for the vacuum-filled carts, like what you have. We plan to make MANY more videos for other products/procedures soon.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.
best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: