Can 2 ink channels be swapped via remapping or swapping chips?

Hi.

I am using Piezo Pro inks on an epson 9900. I think I have mistakenly installed the Light Cool & V Light cool inks in each others positions. I thought I’d been careful, but note (1) almost no separation in the lighter tones of the cool curve & (2) and when I look at the relative densities of the individual channels… G (which should be V Light Cool) prints darker than LK (which should be Light Cool).

Can I Remap each channel to the other (in order to avoid wasting ink)? … and if so how? Or should I swap the labels and chips on the two carts & flush the wrong ink out of the system?

Love what I have seen so far - despite my mistake.
Thanks for any help
Scott

Yes. You can swap the chips and remap the channels No problem.

best,
Walker

1 Like

Thanks Walker.

The link to the video was helpful.

Just to sense check my understanding… if i swap the chips over (to allow swapping cart positions) there’s no need to remap. i.e Swap chips or remap - but don’t do both. Is that right?

Lots to learn to make the most of Piezography!
Thanks for helping,
Scott

If your inks are in the wrong channels you need to remap

1 Like

Thanks Walker.

I swapped the positions of the carts (and therefore had to swap the chips too) then flushed out the wrong inks (separated by some PiezoFlush so I could see when the wrong inks were through the system). Now the correct shades are printing where they are supposed to. I hope not to make that mistake again…

Gratefully,
Scott