Best Flushing procedures to remove dried ink from Lines

After performing three initial fills some of the lines of a 9900 look like no flush got through.
There is also now air in some of the lines.
The flush also overfilled maintenance tank but after cleaning up the printer won’t recognize maint. tank.
Have ordered tank and new flush from Wells but not sure how to proceed.
He did say I should have only done one initial fill (not 3) and then a cleaning.
At any rate flush does not seem to have gone through the light cyan at all - flush is still in the cart but the rest are empty

Crimey! Sorry that you have a mess on your hands! Three init fills is about 600 ml or so. It is a lot to expect the maintenance tank to hold - but it should have alerted you it was full and stopped your being able to run three Inits. That is very odd that it did not and that would be of concern to me in terms of your printer’s electronics and functions. Epson is religious about having customers throw out “empty carts” and “full maintenance tanks”. Something stopped functioning in the printer firmware or you have a defective chip on the tank. So the overfill and the cart now not being recognized are probably related to whatever stopped it from functioning initially.

As for the LC, did you prime the Light Cyan cart well? Was your Light Cyan ink channel plugged prior to this? You may have a damper in which nothing can pass. Is their pink flush in the Light Cyan channel or just air or is it still Light Cyan ink filled?

Hi Tom, Wells let me know you were looking for some guidance with your concerns. Jon responded to your post the following day and we haven’t heard anything back from you in regards to the questions he posted.

As for the LC, did you prime the Light Cyan cart well? Was your  Light  Cyan ink channel plugged prior to this? You may have a damper in  which  nothing can pass. Is their pink flush in the Light Cyan channel  or just  air or is it still Light Cyan ink filled? 			 		

Please answer these questions for us so we can get a better idea how to proceed from here. Thank you Kindly - Kelly

No ink prior and no flush subsequent coming through LC and LLK.
Had a tech guy service things but don’t know if cleaning the damper was done (if that’s the correct terminology)
Will email him to ask. Was waiting for your flush to do it’s thing before I got him back out but …??

How long ago did the Epson tech service this printer, and exactly what did he do? Were the LC and LLK positions working well after he left?
I see you originally bought refillable carts and ConeColor ink for a 7900/9900 printer in Feb 2011, then recently bought two sets of new model carts with PiezoFlush.
Is this the same printer you were using in 2011?
How often is this printer used, vs how long does it sit unused?
When did the LC and LLK channels start not fully printing?
What happened shortly before they stopped printing- had the printer sat unused for a while, had you been printing a lot, had carts been refilled, etc…?

Dampers are not cleaned, but should be replaced every 1-3 years (the dampers come together as one unit, called the “ink selector unit” with this model).
If the dampers and/or print head channels were clogged in these two positions, then nothing will flow thru and PiezoFlush can’t reach the source of the clog to clean. With a total blockage restricting all flow thru those two channels, you will need to start by replacing the ink selector unit, and I’d try flushing the print head while the dampers are disconnected and head is exposed- but these heads don’t respond well to flushing like previous model heads, so that may help, but there’s no guarantee…

Best~ Dana