Any need to spray after Gloss Optimizer?

I got a very nice finish with the G.O. on Mueseo Silver Rag (Fwiw, The “JonConeStudioType1” profile was close to linear for the Mueseo Silver Rag too. Slight adjustment, but not bad.) which showed some bronzing after K7 Selenium. No more bronzing, and very even. :slight_smile: I can see the glossy edge where the GO finished in the border area, but it can be trimmed down.

1. Any need to apply an overcoat to the GO?

2. Any some special spray needed, or are the generics (Premier, Krylon, etc.) good enough?

Thanks.

Mack

Hi Mack~

I’m glad to hear you’re happy with your Piezography gloss print on Museo Silver Rag paper, though would not expect the Type 1 curve to work well on the Silver Rag paper (but if it works and you like the results, certainly use it!)

No, there’s no need to apply an overcoat over GO, and we haven’t tested applying anything over GO, so can’t say how it would work.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;4070]Hi Mack~

I’m glad to hear you’re happy with your Piezography gloss print on Museo Silver Rag paper, though would not expect the Type 1 curve to work well on the Silver Rag paper (but if it works and you like the results, certainly use it!)

No, there’s no need to apply an overcoat over GO, and we haven’t tested applying anything over GO, so can’t say how it would work.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

Yes. The G.O. went very well for bronzing on that paper which looked copperish at an oblique angle. Looks good and clean now, better than spraying - which I want to avoid.

I did modify the curve (quid file) as mentioned to make it work. 21-step wedge looks very good too. I’ll see if I can attach a screenshot of the curve I made for it.

Mack

Hi Mack~

Your linearization looks good.
I don’t see that you mentioned how you “modified the curve”, do you mean the workflow using Qimage that you discussed in your other thread?

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: