Acc-resetter-sf

I bought your ACC-RESETTER-SF for my R2880 last June -2012, and I’m ready to switch to Cone K3 inks.

I cannot for the life of me get the green light to come on with your chip resetter, After maybe an hour of trying, I got it to show green ONCE. All the other times it just flashes red maybe 9-12 times before either staying on or just shutting off - and then I try again. I would like to top off all the carts each time, so I need to reset all the chips so the first color that runs out will be a true low ink warning!

Are there any tricks to get the ACC-RESETTER-SF to work so that I can use it with say under 3-4 attempts?

Is the new (2013) model any better to reliable and easily reset my R2880 cartridges?

Your new 2013 model housing looks identical to my June 2012 model except the removable guide on mine is blue vs white for Epson R2400 and R1800/800 carts, while the new guide for the R2880 is blue but a DIFFERENT SHAPE than my blue guide. Can the new blue guide fit my older ACC-RESETTER-SF housing?

Hank

Hi Hank~ We only just got a chip resetter that works with the R2880, R1900 and 1400 printers/carts, so if you bought the SF chip resetter in 6/12, then you have the older model resetter that only works on the R1800/800, 2100/2200 and R2400. Our new SF chip resetter now works with all the supported desktop printer models: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.A/id.5752/.f?sc=11&category=27717

Also- if you are just getting ready to switch to ConeColor inks, you do not need to reset the cartridge chips, as chips on new refill carts already read full.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;714]Hi Hank~ We only just got a chip resetter that works with the R2880, R1900 and 1400 printers/carts, so if you bought the SF chip resetter in 6/12, then you have the older model resetter that only works on the R1800/800, 2100/2200 and R2400. Our new SF chip resetter now works with all the supported desktop printer models: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.A/id.5752/.f?sc=11&category=27717

Also- if you are just getting ready to switch to ConeColor inks, you do not need to reset the cartridge chips, as chips on new refill carts already read full.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

+++++++++

1. I originally bought the resetter because I was under the impression from the DPReview printing boards (JToolman, Hugowolf, Petruska and others) that whenever one changes a single Epson cartridge, the printer does a check and partial cleaning on ALL the 8 cartridges - so they recommend strongly, never replace one cartridge especially if others are close to needing replacement - replace all that are close to empty at the time - or better still if refilling, either top them off or have a spare set of refilled carts and replace all the carts at the same time! Is this a correct and most efficient scenario for Epson users, especially those who refill with 3rd party inks?

2. With the above in mind, when I bought my R2880 ink and cartridges from IJM, I ordered a resetter at the same time - I did not know that it was useless for my R2880! I think someone at IJM should have questioned (email?) why I’m ordering a resetter which is incompatible with my printer?

3. The picture of your new ACC-RESETTER-SF looks identical to my “older” ACC-RESETTER-SF! Is it possible to buy only the R2880 guide to make it compatible with my printer?

TIA

Hank

Hi Hank~

We recently discontinued the old SF resetter that only worked on the R2400, R1800/800 and 2100/2200 and replaced with the new one that works on all those models AND the 1400, R1900, and R2880. When you bought the resetter last year, it clearly started the printer models it worked with in the detailed description section. Many of our customers have several different printer models, so we do always try to help things go smoothly, but if you ever have a question- please ask us before ordering so you are sure to get the right thing. The outside of many chip resetters look the same, but the computer boards inside are programmed differently to work with specific printers/cartridges.

If you cover the shipping cost, we will send you the correct resetter you need for your R2880 cartridges- but you can begin using them now without the resetter, by following the instructions that came with the carts (and are also available on the instruction tab of the product page on our website).

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

HI Dana

Thanks again for the reply!
How do I order (covering the shipping costs) for the correct resetter?

I’ll order a 2nd set of your R2880 refillable carts at the same time

Hank

I will have Wells get the order together for you, and will contact you with different shipping options.
You will notice the R2880 carts may be slightly different than the set you bought last year (both types work well and can be used together), so make sure to follow the instructions that came with each set of carts.

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;727]I will have Wells get the order together for you, and will contact you with different shipping options.
You will notice the R2880 carts may be slightly different than the set you bought last year (both types work well and can be used together), so make sure to follow the instructions that came with each set of carts.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Dana

Is there a “trick” to using the resetter?

The “new” resetter works no better (i.e. not at all) like the “old” resetter for my 2880! I’m assuming that it should reset empty carts - maybe that’s a bad assumption on my part! I want to make sure I can do it before I muck around with partially full carts before I top them off.

I tried it on my original inkjetmall R2880 empty carts, and and also on the new ones I received today, and all I get is blinking red lights no matter how I hold the carts next to the resetter guide.

Whats the secret?

Hank

Please go here to download and read our instructions for using the new “Small Format” chip resetter: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.A/id.5752/.f?sc=11&category=27717

I already downloaded and read that BEFORE I posted the last thread! BTW the “new” chip resetter I got yesterday DID NOT have a white guide! There was only the blue guide (like my old one) premounted on the resetter, nothing else in the box - did I really get the new resetter?

I just tracked your order and see you did order/receive the new SF resetter. Luckily you only need the blue guide for your R2880 carts. I will check why the white guide wasn’t included in the box as well (the white guide is only needed for the R2400 and R1800/800 carts). Have you tried the new resetter on a R2880 refill cartridge yet?

I just re-read your earlier post, saying you aren’t having any better luck with the new resetter.

What I do is hold the cart so it’s snug against the plastic guide side and bottom, with cartridge and resetter facing the dame direction as per the photos in our instructions, then gently press them together to get the flashing red light and solid green light. I hold the cart and resetter up (so I can see the light), but the photo shows them both upside down so you can see better how the cart and resetter guide fit together.

Keep me posted- Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Dana

I DID use the NEW resetter when I said NO JOY yesterday - It responds exactly the same as the 2012 resetter I received. Lots of blinking red lights and never a green .
Since your packaging and labeling is exactly the same for both, as is the resetter body itself, I marked the resetter when I opened the box yesterday to make sure there was no confusion or mistakes on which was which.
This is so confusing, I’d be more than happy to return both of them to you for you to check out to make sure that I do have the newer one and it works!

Hank

Hi Hank~

I don’t know what’s going on, but will send you a chip resetter that I have tested and confirmed to be working correctly on a R2880 cart. If the resetter I send you works well, then I would like to get the second resetter you just got to test- but if you continue having issues with the new resetter I send, then I suspect the pins and contacts aren’t lining up correctly for a successful reset.

Please keep me posted with the new resetter and we’ll move forward from there to get you settled in and happily printing.

Fine - will let you know when i get it and test it.
Hi Dana

No problem sending the other 2 back to you if the new one works! I assumed that it should post green on empty cartridges, since it just resetting the internal electronics to make the printer think it’s full, ink or no ink in the cartridge should not affect the reset capability. Just for kick, I tried it on several carts (2 from the first batch (received 6/2012) and 2 from the new batch (4/2013) I just received - all with the same results.

Hank

Dana

Is that resetter on it’s way?

It’s been 10 days and nothing yet!

Hank

Hi Hank~

YES! I had to have one sent here (from our shipping location) for me to test and verify works correctly, before sending to you. It is going out today, so you will receive it shortly :slight_smile:
Have you installed the carts yet? The cartridge chips already read full, so can be used without a chip resetter. The cartridges have auto-reset chips attached, so are designed to reset (without a chip resetter) when read empty, removed, refilled with ink, and reinstalled in the printer. I hope not having the resetter isn’t holding you back from installing and using the carts!

Please keep me posted and let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Hi Dana

Thanks - I look forward to the new resetter! And, no, I haven’t stopped printing while waiting for the resetter.

Assuming the new resetter works, are you interested in me returning the other two resetters?

Hank

Yes, assuming you have success with the new resetter I would like to test the latest one you ordered (your original one is not for R2880 chips, but the second one should be). I wrote “from R+D” on this new resetter after testing it on a few R2880 refill cartridge chips and verified successful reset.

Please keep me posted.

Hi Dana

Happy, Happy, Happy! I received the one you personally tested (marked from Inkjetmall R+D Labs) and it works fine.

I re-tested the one you shipped several weeks ago and it works too, PROVIDING I use the BLUE guide that the R+D one has!!!

The only guide I received with the earlier one is the same as the WHITE one with the R+D labs resetter, but was BLUE. As you know, the only guide that works with the R2880 is the smaller one which was BLUE on your R+D resetter.

I think the problem (and confusion) with the resetters was the color swap for the guides - my latest only came with ONE guide which was BLUE, but size wise was the same as the WHITE one with your guide - talk about confusion!

If you want I will be happy to ship the “latest” one back to Powder Spring Road!

Hank

Thanks for the update Hank- good news! :slight_smile:
Now that your problem has been solved and it’s been determined the last resetter you purchased is working correctly on your R2880 carts (with the correct guide attached), it would be helpful to get the “R+D lab” one back- though, it’s no rush.

I will now check the other resetters in inventory to see what guides are included, as they should all have two guides to work on the range of cartridge models this new resetter works with. I apologize for the confusion, and appreciate your patience and help in troubleshooting this strange issue- now, I am clear about what happened and can sort it out so it doesn’t happen again!