A salutory lesson - why you should follow the instructions carefully and wait

I’ve used IJM products for many years without problems. But I’ve just had a lot of problems getting some new carts to work in a newly-purchased, second-hand R2880. Cutting a long story very short, the answer was in these questions from Dana:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;5118]Do you tap the carts exit valve down on a folded paper towel a few times after filling, to force ink down and air up, before installing into your printer?
Do you let the carts sit for a few minutes after installing into your printer, before beginning to print?
[/quote]

I hadn’t been, at least not well enough and not for long enough. What I have discovered is that some printer and cart combinations will allow you to take shortcuts and not tap and wait. But other combinations will insist that you do precisely as you’re been told in the instructions. I suspect that different instances of the same printer model will vary considerably as to how sensitive they are.

Take it from me - it’s better to be safe than sorry. I could have saved a LOT of time and a quantity of ink and flush if I had been.

If you want to read the whole sorry saga …
http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/showthread.php?872-2880-cleaning-the-right-side-wiping-station

p.s. thank a million to Dana for her unfailing perseverance, patience and politeness. And skill and experience.

I’m glad to have worked thru this with you Brian, and together resolved your problem. Thanks for your post!

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: