9890 cart issue

I’m all of a sudden having issues where the printer is not seeing any of the carts on the left side intermittently. Spent the whole day setting and resetting the carts as well as turning the power off and on and pulling the carts and pushing them back in… Any thoughts? I’ve got chips heading this way, but any insight would be helpful.

best
Anthony

Hi Anthony~

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions. I suspect you may find your answer in the question titled "My carts snap into my 7900 printer - but sometimes when I replace one all the other carts on the other side of the printer will suddenly display with all X’s in the LCD!": http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?134-Large-Format-Refillable-Cartridges

Please let me know if you have questions, your results, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Dana,
Thanks for the reply. Still working away here trying to get this beast to see the cartridges. I get a few of them to show up and then it goes back to 5 not showing up on the left side only. I’m not sure where to go with this. Probably tried moving, reseating, wedging these things 300-400 times over the last 5 days. Any more thoughts? It would sadden me to have to order and go back to oem cartridges and the work to create those profiles again.

Thank you for your help

Anthony

I am emailing you a document that may be helpful (I hope so), please let me know your results after reading/following this document, if you have questions, or there’s anything further I can help you with.

~Dana

If you continue getting errors after wedging the cartridges, please tell me the exact error on your LCD panel and which color position(s) the printer indicates to be an issue.
If the five carts in the left bay continue displaying errors, please remove the carts in the right bay and insert Epson carts in their place. If this resolves the error, remove the Epson cart and install the corresponding refill cartridge into it’s place, one at a time to check how the printer responds. This will help you pinpoint if it’s one chip causing your errors (in my experience, you’re likely dealing with a poor connection between the cartridge chips and printer’s chip sensors, or one chip is no working correctly- which can cause errors with other cartridges, often in the opposite cartridge bay).

Please let me know your results, if you have questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: