9880: Irregular Nozzle Check, Dirty Gradient

Recent problem with my 9880 and K7 Warm Neutral inks: a previously smooth test print gradient is now ‘dirty’ with a dark area where it doesn’t belong. Several cleanings and one power clean later a nozzle check revealed that THE TOP TWO LINES OF THE CONE NO 6 CHANNEL ARE DARKER than normal, compared to my archived records. (The problem channel is associated with the 4th cartridge from the rightmost side.) This printer is six years old, very lightly used, and runs the original dampers, head, etc. Does anyone know if this is a damper problem? I hope it isn’t the printer head! My last resort would be to abandon this channel and replace it with the one currently carrying Piezo Flush. Two JPEGs at www DOT ricardobarrosftp DOT com SLASH InkJetMall SLASH

It looks like you may have a damper leak (or printhead manifold leak) that is polluting the mid-channel with a darker shade.

It’s time for a damper replacement most likely,

best,
Walker

Thanks, Walker. Just discovered Dana’s maintenance video, I’m ready to replace dampers, capping station and wiper blade. Do you have a recommended source for parts?
Ricardo

best
Walker

I replaced the eight dampers and the problem went away!
Thank you, Walker.
Ricardo

Glad to hear it worked.

best,
Walker