9800 LLK not recognized and chip resetter not working

Hi Dana,

I just bought the digital negative deluxe kit which includes two sets of carts. Printer won’t recognize either of the LLK carts. I had a mostly full Epson cart on hand so moved the chip over from that and it works. Wonder if the IJM carts have the wrong or defective chips?

Just received a chip resetter. Flashes red then goes to solid red - tried it on the maintenance tank and several empty carts. Tried removing and replacing batteries as described by you. No dice.

Other minor issues: one rubber plug missing; only one syringe came with the fine tip for priming cartridges; some carts (particularly LM) are a really tight fit in the printer.

Thanks for suggestions…

Ben

Hi Ben~

A while back, I believe we did receive a few 7800/9800 refillable cartridges that have 7880/9880 chips attached, which may be the reason your printer wasn’t accepting the LLK carts if they had the wrong chips attached. You can certainly use an Epson LLK chip on the carts, but I will have two replacement LLK 7800/9800 chips sent to you.

The resetter can give a solid red light if the pins aren’t properly aligned with the chip contacts.

By “rubber plug”, are you referring to the cartridge fill hole plug or black o-ring? The ACC-OBAG-KIT should have included 8 funnels, 8 syringes, 8 priming tips, 9 o-rings, and a pair of gloves. Are you saying only one priming tip was included?

Please let me know, thanks~ Dana :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;4383]Hi Ben~

A while back, I believe we did receive a few 7800/9800 refillable cartridges that have 7880/9880 chips attached, which may be the reason your printer wasn’t accepting the LLK carts if they had the wrong chips attached. You can certainly use an Epson LLK chip on the carts, but I will have two replacement LLK 7800/9800 chips sent to you.

The resetter can give a solid red light if the pins aren’t properly aligned with the chip contacts.

By “rubber plug”, are you referring to the cartridge fill hole plug or black o-ring? The ACC-OBAG-KIT should have included 8 funnels, 8 syringes, 8 priming tips, 9 o-rings, and a pair of gloves. Are you saying only one priming tip was included?

Please let me know, thanks~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Dana.

Thanks for the response and for the replacement chips. I tried pretty hard with the resetter but will try again and get back to you. May not have time now until next week, though. I bought a new waste tank so I could work in the meanwhile.

Cartridge fill-hole plug is what was missing. Yes, only one priming tip came in the 8-unit bag or maybe none - there was a separate single bag and it could have been in that.

All best, Ben

Hi Ben~

I can stick a fill hole plug and priming tips in the mail. After discussing your situation with manufacturing, they informed me you should have received two small packs of priming tips (each containing 4 tips, for a total of 8) inside your ACC-OBAG-KIT bag. Are you certain you didn’t receive two small packs of priming tips?

Please let me know, and keep me posted about the resetter.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: