9600 Sel/WN printing posterized

Hello,

We have a 9600 set up with the Split tone set (selenium/warm neutral) and as of two days ago the printer started outputting some very strange results. As of now I cannot troubleshoot this any further than I have.
I will do my best to describe the problem. The printer was used to print to 8ft long panoramic prints, since then absolutely nothing has outputted correctly. The posterization is quite bad and effects everything printed with the exception of ink separation chart. I have read the install manual, the FAQ and read through the posts, there was one thread that someone was experiencing similar issues but that thread went dead and he never actually explained what was causing his problems. This printer is used on a regular basis in a commercial environment, and it hasn’t been idle for an extended period of time. The posterization and lack of correct values occurs on all profiles, Selenium, Warmtone and split tone. The nozzle checks print accurately and the ink separation.tif prints fine with QTR Print Tool. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

From your attachments, it looks to me that either one or more of your carts were mis-filled, or installed in the wrong positions. The 21 step strip gradient labeled June 24th shows the midtones are lighter than the 1/4 and highlights, and highlights are MUCH darker than they should be, which makes me suspect two carts may have been accidentally switched, or mis-filled. Were carts recently removed or refilled? If so, I suggest you check the carts to make sure they’re in the correct positions, and if they are, do a Q-tip smear test to check the ink density in each cart to tell darkest to lightest. It’s hard for me to see detail in the small Ink Separation printout you attached, but from what I can see, it looks like the ink shades are not in the correct order. If this is the case, inks will need to be installed in the correct order, then an Initial Fill Cycle performed to flush wrong ink from the internal ink lines, to get correct density ink to the print head. With the 7600/9600 printer, Piezography ink shades should be installed in the following order:

[FONT=Times New Roman]Ink Cartridge Position[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Piezography K7 Ink Shade Number[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Black[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]#1[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Cyan[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]#2[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Light Cyan[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]#3[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Magenta[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]#4[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Light Magenta[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]#5[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Light Black [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]#6[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Yellow[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]#7[/FONT]

Please let me know what you discover, if you have further questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana