7900 - yellow cartridge - ink cartridge error

Just installed seven of the eleven cartridges and yellow giving me an “ink cartridge error” displayed on the screen.
BUT it reads just fine when the light cyan is left empty. (the neighbor to the right)
I have tried the paper shim, and reseting the chip.

Thanks,
Karl

Ok, if I pull/remove any other cartridge on the left side the yellow will read, it shows as a full on the display with “install ink cartridge” and red X on the appropriate color.
If I change to the OEM yellow everything is OK, except that the yellow is empty.

-karl

Hi Karl~

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing a cartridge error.

By “paper shim” do you mean you added a wedge of paper to the bottom of the cartridge to push it up, or to the side of the cartridge to push it over?
Please try pushing carts to the left, as per the instructions below:
With both cartridge bay doors open and all refillable cartridges locked into the printer: push all cartridges towards the left, so the bottom/left corner of each cartridge is touching the left edge of the railings in the cartridge chamber. Close the two bay doors, and the printer should then read the chips and pressurize the cartridges. At this time, check the LCD panel to see if all cartridges are correctly recognized by the printer (no error message).

Please let me know your results, if you have questions, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana

The wedge of paper has been tried on both the side, bottom, back and front. Reinstalled all cartridges (with no wedges) from left to right making sure each of them are resting as far left as possible. The yellow is still displaying “ink cartridge error” with a red X.

Thanks for the additional information. I will send you a replacement chip for your yellow cartridge. The new cartridge will come attached to a plastic base, you will need to carefully remove it from the plastic base and attach it to the yellow refill cartridge in place of the current chip, using double sided tape. Make sure the new chip is secured flat/straight on the cart before installing into your printer. If the chip isn’t flat, it could catch on the printer’s chip sensor and damage the sensor.

Please let me know your results with the new chip, you have questions, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana

New chip is installed and working great, thank you!

-karl

Excellent, thanks for letting me know!

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana