7900 Won't Recognize the 350ml Cart

Not long ago I bought a few 350ml carts from IM and a month ago I replaced my original Epson GR ink with the one you sent me. It was working fine for the first 2 weeks and after more than 20 large prints now doesn’t recognize the green cartridge at all. The error displayed on my LCD panel reads, “NO CARTRIDGE INSTALL INK CARTRIDGE” and where the green color should be instead is displaying a blinking X mark.

I not longer have the Epson cart. Interestingly each time I pull the green cart out and replace it, then is showing perfectly on the LCD panel & the same happens if I turn the printer off/on but after a photo is printed it goes back to square one.

Do you think the Inkjet chip went bad?

Would someone at IM answer my question since I have a bunch of large prints to make. TIA!

This error means that the chip reader is not touching the chip. It does not see it. You pull it out and put it back in and it works. Then it stops again. We can send you another chip. In meantime you can try to apply some pressure to the cart so it is more secure in the printer.

Hi italo-foto~

I checked your order history, and see you bought the refillable green position cart and a bottle of ConeColor green ink about nine months ago.

If the cartridge was working well at first, then the problem could be caused by a bad fit of the cart (which I doubt, since it worked fine for a few weeks), or an old/worn out or faulty chip. We will have a new green position chip sent to you right away.

Please let me know how things work after replacing the chip, if you have further questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best~ Dana

Dana thanks for sending the new chip. Now is working OK. will let you know if any other issues comes up.

Italo

Hi Dana – I have been having this same problem with my 9890, recently my cyan cart goes unrecognized every time I hit the print button. At first I could just pop the ink door and reseat the cart but now the printer won’t recognize it anymore without a LOT of trying. Then when I hit print again the same thing happens. Oddly I tried also a different IJM cyan ink cart and get the same results. Any ideas? It wouldn’t be the chip if two carts get the same results, would it?
The printer and cart combo worked fine for 3 years until this odd snafu happened. Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Best
Andy

This is most likely an old worn out chip sensor spring (in the printer) that is not longer able to make good contact with the cartridge chip.

In the past what I’ve done (pre IJM) was take the chip off, put a bit of tape below said chip, put it back on and tape the bottom part tightly so that the chip was firmly parallel with the cartridge top but about 1/2mm higher than before. It’s important to do this correctly so it doesn’t miss-align inside of the printer or jam the sensor. However, this has worked for me for over 7 years when dealing with trouble-some carts or old chip sensors.

-Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;11465]
In the past what I’ve done (pre IJM) was take the chip off, put a bit of tape below said chip, put it back on and tape the bottom part tightly so that the chip was firmly parallel with the cartridge top but about 1/2mm higher than before.

-Walker[/QUOTE]

Hi Walker

Thank you for this information, I will give this a try. When you say “Tape the bottom part tightly” do you mean the free end of the chip, so it holds securely to the cart?

Best Regards
Andy

free end of the chip,
yes

Walker