7900-black ink mismatch

Hi,
today my 7900 with cone HD ink + mac (10.9.4) to lightroom 5.5 gives me the "black ink mismatch- the type of black ink is different… epson-message. I’ve tried the chip resetter for the matte cart (green-light)
and I’ve re-started the printer a couple of times + the mac
any suggestions?
regards
Larry.

Hi Larry~

This message indicates your printer’s black ink mode differs from the print settings sent to it, so if your printer is in MK mode, and you sent a print job for a glossy paper that uses PK ink, you will receive this black ink mismatch message. What black ink mode is your printer currently in, and what media setting did you select in the print driver?

~Dana

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;4459]Hi Larry~

This message indicates your printer’s black ink mode differs from the print settings sent to it, so if your printer is in MK mode, and you sent a print job for a glossy paper that uses PK ink, you will receive this black ink mismatch message. What black ink mode is your printer currently in, and what media setting did you select in the print driver?

~Dana[/QUOTE]

Hi, Dana
I just realized that myself, printer says PK… when and how I changed from matte------? I don’t know. I have been printing matte only for over a year… so now my printer is dumping lots of black ink …

regards
Larry.

Well, that would certainly explain the message you got.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: