7890 Chipp Issue, Not Sure

Hello - I have a 7890 with Pro inks, the set works beautifully! My Light Magenta cart is reading low, though the cart is not low, and I cant seem to reset the chip. Do you suggest I try to swap the chip with a new one?

Regards, Ralph Maratta

The VLM chip is a 120mL chip I think. There was never a chip ever made in all the world that was 350mL.

Do you have the chip resetter? https://shop.inkjetmall.com/Chip-Resetter-for-7900-9900-7890-9890-refillable-cartridges.html?category=153&attrib=42-154

This is really required for any pro system.

Best,

Walker

Yes, I have the chip setter… it’s sometimes going green, but mostly going red. I tried resetting a few times. I can check my cart tonight, but it’s also on my last order. I have two chip resetters, on that has a usb cord attached. I haven’t tried that resetter yet. I’m not sure what the usb connection is for? Thank you Walter. Ralph

The USB one is powered by USB. Plug it into a laptop or the like and it will work.

It’s important to align the pins perfectly.

End of video shows it: Chip Resetter for 7900, 9900, 7890, 9890 refillable cartridges | InkjetMall

best,
Walker

I’ll try the new chip resetter tonight. If it doesn’t work, do you suggest I but a replacement chip and replace?

Yes. Sometimes these chips can short especially if contacts of the chip resetters are not properly aligned.

It’s always good to have backup chips in place.

best,
Walker

The new re-setter with USB port did it, thank you Walter, you’re always spot on. Ralph

Cheers and happy printing!

best,
Walker